During this challenging and uncertain time you may feel discouraged and concerned about your future career plans; however, there are many things you can do to prepare for the future and position yourself for success. Here are some helpful resources to get started.
- Employer internship/hiring trends
- Handshake Blog
- Graduating During COVID-19 Guide
- Whose Hiring?
- Who is hiring right now!
- Startups actively hiring during COVID-19
- 500 companies that are hiring on Handshake right now
- Federal Government- filling various positions to help respond to and fight COVID-19
- Looking for Internships
- Company list of internship status
- Micro-Internships:Short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. Unlike traditional internships, Micro-Internships can take place year-round, typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work
- Parker Dewey Offers highly motivated college students and recent graduates opportunities to complete short-term, paid, professional assignments.
- Vault Find thousands of ratings and reviews of internship programs, requirements, sample interview questions, how to apply and more.
- Virtual Student Federal Service (VSFS) program
VSFS Program - students can work on projects that advance the work of government on multiple fronts. Projects include helping counter violent extremism, strengthening human rights monitoring, developing virtual programs, engaging in digital communications, mapping, economic and political reporting, data analysis, graphic design, and app building
- Hiring Freezes
The Department of Career Development is committed to offering a comprehensive array of virtual programs and services that support career development to all students and alumni. For individualized career planning, schedule a one-on-one virtual career coaching appointment.