At Geneseo, nothing will be as close to you as your Geneseo ID card. This card acts as your building access card, meal card, and library card as well as general identification for building security, sporting and entertainment event purchases and admittance, and picking up of student payroll checks.
Lost or Stolen ID Cards
If your ID is ever lost or stolen, you should deactivate it immediately via Manage My ID Card for your protection. If your card is found before a new card is issued, you can reactivate your card by coming to our CAS Business Office at Blake-A 108. Your first ID card is free; if the card is ever lost, stolen or damaged in any way that inhibits its proper use, you will be charged a replacement fee to obtain a new one.
Cards can be replaced at the CAS Business Office. Please bring picture identification with you in order to obtain a new card.
ID Photo Submission Guidelines
- Face head directly at the camera (full face in view). Shoulders and clothing must be visible.
- Keep your facial expression neutral or smile naturally with both eyes open.
- If you wear glasses, avoid any reflection and frames cannot obstruct your eyes.
- Photo must be taken within the last 6 months.
- Use a neutral (plain white or off-white) solid background.
- Caps, hats, and dark glasses are not acceptable; religious headwear must not cover face.
- No headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- Choose a photo that you will want to have on your ID card for the next 4 years.
- Obtaining a new ID within the 4-year period will incur a replacement fee.
Due to our staffing model, CAS encourages you to schedule appointments whenever possible. Customers can schedule appointments online, or call us to set up an appointment time for any needs, including ID cards or other paperwork. We will return all calls within one business day. All departmental transactions will be addressed by appointment as well.