Canvas is Geneseo's Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas is a 21st century LMS that has hundreds of intuitive features for faculty to engage students and enrich the learning experience. Some of these exciting features include:
- Grading - Instructors have the ability to add comments directly to students papers from within Canvas (students can also use this feature for peer reviews)
- Mobile and tablet friendly – Canvas is very mobile friendly and it is possible (but maybe not recommended!) to take an entire course in Canvas from an iPad!
- Easier communication – Canvas makes it easy for students to pick where information from their course is sent to them. Students can choose to have information about grades, assignments, announcements, and email sent to them via text message, an email address of their choice, or even their Twitter account!
Resources & Training
Canvas Support Team
- Laurie Fox, Director of Educational Technology
- Joe Dolce, Instructional Designer
- Becky Patt, Instructional Designer