How to Manage and Record a Call Handler
Call Handlers answer calls and greet callers with recorded prompts that provide information and options (e.g. Press 1 for Jane Doe and Press 2 for Charles Smith). Call Handlers are not maiilboxes and will not accept messages.
If you have been assigned the authority to record and manage "Call Handlers" for your department or office, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: From your office phone dial the myVoicemail Call Handler access number of 5444---> you will be prompted to enter your ID (which is your mailbox number) followed by the pound (#) key --> enter your PIN (your mailbox security code) followed by the pound (#) key (Note: To access from off-campus dial 585-245-5444).
- Step 2: You will be prompted to enter the Call Handler extension you with to record or change a greeting for --> followed by the pound (#) key. CIT Telephone Services will provide you with the Call Handler extension in advance.
- Step 3: The system will announce "Callers" hear the Standard Greeting" --> Press 2 to change the Standard Greeting (Note: There are additional greeting options for other types of greetings such as Alternate, Busy etc.).
- Step 4: You will now be in the "Standard Greeting" queue --> Press 1 to listen to the current greeting --> Press 2 to record a new greeting (Note: leave several seconds of silence before saving the greeting to allow callers time to press an option) --> press the pound (#) key to save your new greeting.
- Step 5: To exit the system --> simply hang-up
Need Help? Call x5588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org