Please note: SUNY Geneseo's master's and undergraduate commencement ceremonies for 2020 have been postponed as part of the college's response to COVID-19. The information below is historical and may not be not applicable to 2020. Please visit the commencement homepage for more information.
Seniors who have filed applications to graduate and are planning to participate in their appropriate May 2020 Commencement Ceremony will be allotted four tickets for guests.
Tickets are distinct for each ceremony. Admission will be granted only to the proper ceremony and only with the appropriate ticket.
Should you have questions about claiming your tickets, please call the Student Association Ticket Office at 585-245-5873.
- The College is committed to providing well-organized, thoughtful and appropriate ceremonies for its 2020 graduates; we ask that graduates respect the assignment by academic department to the appropriate ceremony.
- Should one of your guests require floor seating due to mobility issues, you may exchange two of your General Admit Tickets for two Floor Seats (which guarantees seats that are accessible from a floor entrance) when you claim your tickets through University Ticket. If you require additional accommodations we will work with you, please inquire at 585-245-5500.
- Tickets will be distributed April 6-April 17, 2020 via University Tickets. Detailed information will be sent to the students in advance.
- Any tickets that are donated back by participating graduating students (during the 4/6-4/17 time period) will be available for distribution between April 20-April 22. We cannot guarantee that every student who wishes to have an extra ticket will get one, but there is an opportunity for students to give back tickets they don't plan to use or need so that their classmates may have an opportunity to claim an additional ticket. The online ticketing system will reopen on April 20, for the two days to allow students an opportunity to attempt to claim an additional ticket on a first come, first serve basis.
- Tickets are unique by bar code and with the graduate’s name as an identifier. Any student who attempts to print extra tickets or to sell their tickets may be held responsible to a violation of the SUNY Geneseo Code of Conduct. Not only do students risk a family member being turned away at the door, but they may face other sanctions, to include not attending graduation, as well.