Information about SUNY Geneseo's COVID-19 procedures.
Information by Topic
Athletic and Workout Facilities
Will indoor athletic spaces be available for public use?
Until further notice, athletic spaces in the Merritt Athletic Center and Schrader Hall will be closed to the student, faculty, staff, and greater Geneseo community populations as social distancing, face masks, and occupancy limits cannot be adequately supervised. These athletic spaces include the Workout Center (closed due to New York State guidelines), Louise Kuhl Gym (closed for renovations), Merritt Pool (closed for renovations), Ira S. Wilson Ice Arena (including the jogging track), racquetball courts, and the Schrader student-athlete weight room (closed due to New York State guidelines).
Student-athletes may access Merritt, Schrader, and College Stadium for athletic department related activities, which may include team training sessions, scheduled visits to the sports medicine office, or individual meetings with coaches as per guidelines established in the COVID-19 Updates & Resources and Geneseo Athletics Reopening documents.
Will outdoor athletic spaces, such as fields and courts, be available for public use?
Spaces will be reopened in line with state and campus guidelines, starting with the college tennis courts, college track, and open athletic fields* for informal, socially distant activities with allowable group sizes (as per Campus Events and Gatherings policies) and limitations on contact sports. Users should maintain physical distancing, practice good hand-washing hygiene, and use hand sanitizer stations (if available) located at the venues. Please note the outdoor basketball courts will not be available to the public. The intramural and recreation office may be able to schedule, advertise, and supervise limited formal activities in line with state and campus guidelines.
*Onondaga, Saratoga, Lower Merritt, Upper Merritt, Monroe, and Letchworth Fields
The MacVittie College Union is currently locked and must be accessed using a Geneseo ID card until further notice. Credit Union patrons must call 585-245-5700 for access. In addition, Fraser Library, opening this fall, will be closed to the public until further notice.
Campus Events and Gatherings
For Spring 2021, all events and gatherings will be limited to SUNY Geneseo community members and vendors who directly supply or support events.
Maps, Directions and Parking Info
Visitor Parking Information
On arrival, all visitors must fill out a Visitor COVID Survey and obtain a temporary parking permit. Temporary permits are free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Schrader Hall Room 19.
Parking options vary depending on the department or office you're visiting:
- Admissions: Guests of Admissions will receive a printable permit from the Admissions Office upon confirmation of their appointment. Visitors can park in Lot ZZ or the College Circle loop.
- Advancement: Park in the College Circle loop.
- Facilities: Obtain a temporary pass for Lot K, Lot I, or Lot T if visiting Clark or Schrader -- see parking map.
- Campus Auxiliary Services:
- Blake: Lot C or College Circle
- Mary Jemison: Lot C, K, or metered parking at the College Union
- Letchworth: Lots D, R, E, H and metered parking along Letchworth Dr.
- Fraser: College Circle or Lot B
- Red Jacket : Lots U, V, J
- MacVittie College Union: Lot K or metered parking at the union
- Clark: Lot K
Use of College Facilities by External Organizations
Events by external organizations, such as youth hockey, blood drives, etc., will be determined by the individual with oversight of the requested facility in consultation with Scheduling and Special Events, Health and Counseling, and the vice president of the area.
Visitor and Guest Rules
The campus is limiting public interactions. This means:
- No uninvited visitors or guests are allowed on campus at this time.
- Invited guests (those invited to campus by a member of the college community for a college business-related function) must abide by all campus and building-specific protocols, including the policy on COVID-19 Face Masks and Prevention Measures.
- Invited guests must fill out a Visitor COVID Survey upon arrival.
- Students, faculty, and staff must present student/institutional identification (IDs) to enter on-campus buildings.