Per New York State policy, all SUNY students are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption.
Students who have already submitted proof of vaccination for Fall 2021 or have an approved exemption do not need to resubmit proof or fill out an exemption application for the spring semester. The information below is for new students and those who did not attend in-person classes in the fall.
Spring 2022 Guidelines
All Spring 2022 SUNY Geneseo students must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exception by January 12, 2022 in order to attend classes in person and participate in on-campus activities in the spring, according to SUNY mandate.
To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must satisfy all three of these requirements no later than January 12, 2022:
- You must have received all required doses of a World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- At least two weeks need to have passed since your final shot BEFORE you can arrive on campus. No later than January 12, 2022.
- You must have submitted proof of vaccination to your SUNY Geneseo health portal under "Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information."
How to Submit Proof of Vaccination
Once you have completed the entire COVID-19 vaccination series, you will need to submit proof to Health & Counseling by January 12, 2022. If you fail to submit your vaccine card info you’ll be considered unvaccinated.
Please also review the Falsification of COVID-19 Records web page.
How to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination:
- Log in to the health portal with your Geneseo User ID and password.
- Confirm your identity by entering your birthday and click "proceed."
- Navigate to the "I would like to…" section and click on "enter my COVID-19 vaccine information"
- Click the green "upload" button to locate and select the file to upload, then click "open." You only need to upload the side of the card that has both completed vaccine dates listed. If you have a vaccine on either side of the vaccine card, that's fine -- just scan and upload both sides.
- Confirm that the document is legible and click "looks good" at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the COVID-19 vaccine information. Scroll down to enter the first date and vaccine type and the second date and vaccine type if you received Moderna or Pfizer. Enter the single date if you received Johnson & Johnson.
If you have questions, please email Health and Counseling.