Additional Information

Course Numbering

  • 100-199: Undergraduate introductory courses
  • 200-299: Intermediate Undergraduate courses
  • 300-499: Advanced undergraduate courses
  • 500-699: Graduate courses. Open only to Graduate Students who fulfill prerequisites listed.

Time Modules

Typical classes meet  for three 50 minute periods (e.g. MWF), or for two 75 minute periods (e.g. TR) each week.

Study Abroad

Research shows that the positive relationship between international knowledge and immersion in a foreign culture has important implications for higher education and that study abroad experiences help to produce better informed citizens. SUNY Geneseo currently administers programs in 22 countries. Geneseo students may also study overseas through any SUNY institution. SUNY students can participate in a variety of programs based in over 65 countries in every continent of the world. The Study Abroad Office in Erwin 217 assists students who are interested in short-term, semester or year-long study abroad programs. In addition, interested students are encouraged to consult with their academic advisors and with the Office of Financial Aid. (For further information see For information contact the Study Abroad Office in Erwin 217, visit the Study Abroad website or email


Students who are attending Geneseo for the first time and are eligible for Veterans benefits must report to the Veterans Affairs Office, Erwin 23, to complete necessary forms. Eligible veterans may complete a Veteran Deferral Form with the Veterans' Affairs Office and submit it with the billing form. This allows payment to be spread out through the semester involved. Forms are available at the Veterans' Affairs Office, Erwin 23. If you have any questions please contact the VA Office on campus, 245-5112.

Students with Disabilities

SUNY Geneseo, through the Office of Disability Services, provides services and accommodations to ensure equal access to all programs and activities for students who have a documented disability. For questions regarding services visit our website or contact Dr. Tabitha Buggie-Hunt.  For information on handicapped parking, please contact Office of Disability Services is located in the Erwin Building, Room 23. The telephone number is 585-245-5112.