On August 23, 2021, the Food and Drug Administration approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. As previously communicated, and per New York State policy, all SUNY students are now required to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. The deadline to submit proof of vaccination is September 27 to continue enrollment in classes.
If you are enrolled in at least one in-person class and have not submitted proof of your COVID-19 vaccine, please click the link below that applies to you for information on how to proceed.
Students who have not documented their vaccination status through the health portal must adhere to weekly testing for COVID-19, wear a mask while indoors including residence halls and crowded outdoor settings, and maintain physical distancing where practicable.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this important health and safety matter. If you have any questions, please email Student and Campus Life.
If you have completed the entire COVID-19 vaccination series and have not submitted proof to Health & Counseling, you need to do so by September 27. If you fail to submit your vaccine card info you’ll be considered unvaccinated. Please also review the Falsification of COVID-19 Records web page.
Submit your proof of vaccination even if you only have one dose of a two-dose series (Moderna or Pfizer).
How to submit proof of a full or partial COVID-19 vaccination:
- Log in to the health portal with your Geneseo User ID and password.
- Confirm your identity by entering your birthday and click "proceed."
- Navigate to the "I would like to…" section and click on "enter my COVID-19 vaccine information"
- Click the green "upload" button to locate and select the file to upload, then click "open." You only need to upload the side of the card that has both completed vaccine dates listed. If you have a vaccine on either side of the vaccine card, that's fine -- just scan and upload both sides.
- Confirm that the document is legible and click "looks good" at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the COVID-19 vaccine information. Scroll down to enter the first date and vaccine type and the second date and vaccine type if you received Moderna or Pfizer. Enter the single date if you received Johnson & Johnson.
If you have questions, please email Health and Counseling.
I have not yet completed my COVID-19 vaccination series, but will do so now given the FDA approval and SUNY requirement
Unvaccinated students must complete the vaccination series by September 27 (one dose of the Johnson & Johnson or two doses of Pfizer or Moderna). In addition to the vaccine clinic on campus, information on other vaccine clinics can be found on the COVID-19 Resources page.
If you have not and do not plan to receive a COVID vaccine, you should withdraw from your face-to-face classes via KnightWeb. Unvaccinated students without an approved exemption will be withdrawn from classes listed as face-to-face in the Master Schedule. Unvaccinated students without an approved exemption should not request online alternatives to face-to-face classes; the college will not approve these requests.
If you are not vaccinated, and do not have an approved exemption, you are not permitted to access any in-person campus activities, dining, or other services. On-campus students will be required to move out of their residence hall.
In very special circumstances you may request a limited exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement for medical or religious reasons. Exemption requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
All requests for exemptions must be submitted by close of business on August 30, and will be considered within 10 business days of submission. Students must use the forms provided. Requests not submitted on these forms will not be considered. Please contact email@example.com for inquiries related to the exemption process or forms.