The Annual Leadership Awards and Recognition Ceremony is held every Spring semester. The 2019-2020 Awards Ceremony is scheduled on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 from 2:30-3:30 pm in the MacVittie College Union Ballroom.
A key part of the Ceremony is the presentation of certificates to all GOLD program certificate earners. Also related to GOLD is recognition of Senior GOLD mentors and Prize Paper Awards for the top three gold-level papers.
However, the ceremony is not exclusive to GOLD and recognizes leadership all across campus. Other awards presented include:
- Student & Faculty/Staff PATH (Promoting Awareness Toward Harmony) Awards
- Student Employee of the Year
- GOLD Outstanding Student Organization Advisor Award
- Senior Gift Scholarship
- Dr. James Allen Scholarship Award
- William T. and Dorothy Nowak Smith Dedicated Service Awards
- Geneseo Foundation & Student Association Merit Awards for Leadership, Service, and Diversity
- Center for Community Building Community Award
- Golden Key International Honour Society Scholarship
- Student Life Awards
- Ward Leadership Scholarship
- Outstanding Greek Organization
- Outstanding Fraternity Man
- Outstanding Sorority Woman
- President's Outstanding Achievement Awards for Campus Organizations
Students who have earned (or expect to earn) leadership certificates this academic year and who wish to receive the certificates at the Ceremony should register for this event in advance (you may register for the ceremony beginning December 1). Paper copies of certificates will only be issued by request and may be picked up in College Union Room 353 any weekday after the Ceremony, provided that you have emailed email@example.com to indicate that you would like a copy of the printed certificate.