Campus Auxiliary Services Board
Campus Auxiliary Services is not part of Faculty Governance, but the CAS Board of Directors includes three elected teaching faculty members and one elected professional faculty member among the fourteen directors (see the CAS Board website). The Board typically meets five times a year at 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM Tuesday Mornings.
Campus Auxiliary Services, Inc., is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation created by the College in December 1951 in order "to promote and cultivate educational and social relations among the students and faculty of the college and to aid the students and faculty of the College in every way possible in their study, work, living and extracurricular activities." "The territory in which its operations principally are to be conducted is the Village of Geneseo." Currently, Campus Auxiliary Services provides the following services to the campus: dining and catering, bookstore operations, vending, cable TV, laundry machines in the residence halls, identification cards, refuse and recycling, ATM banking, and accounting services for the Student Association and other campus organizations.
The Board of Directors of Campus Auxiliary Services, Inc. is the policy making body for the corporation, operating within the laws of the State of New York, the guidelines established by the State University Board of Trustees and policies of the State University of New York at Geneseo. The Board determines crucial policies such as the Annual Budget, Corporate Mission, Terms and Conditions of Employment for Campus Auxiliary Service employees and the development of Long-Range plans for operations and investments. Members of the Board are listed on the corporation's liquor license, so officers are required to be fingerprinted for the purpose of New York State Liquor Authority review.