Health Insurance Information

NOTE: Most services within Student Health & Counseling are covered by the Student Health Fee, which is mandated as part of each student's tuition and completely different from private health insurance coverage. 

International, exchange, or study-abroad students

International, exchange, or study abroad students coming to the United States should contact the Campus Community Resource Nurse, Laura Evans, at regarding insurance. 

Domestic students

You must contact your insurance company to verify that our lab, Quest-Pittsburgh, is in your network and if you are required to obtain pre-authorization for labs. 

SUNY Geneseo does NOT offer health insurance for domestic students. 

Full-time students up to age 26 may be covered by a parent’s or family member’s private health insurance policy – be sure to check whether coverage extends to the Geneseo and Rochester areas. 

Obtaining Health Insurance and Guidance Now or After Graduation

If you would like to obtain health insuarnce,  you can go to NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace, to shop, compare and enroll in health plans. You may qualify for financial assistance to reduce their costs. This includes Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Essential Plan, and Qualified Health Plans.  Enrollment is open all year for most NY State of Health plans and recent graduates may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in Qualified Health Plans within 60 days of graduation.  Find out more information below.

If you need assistance obtaining health insurance or have questions, you can call the local Health Insurance Navigator: Cindy Wagner at 538-328-5190 x7562 or email Cindy at .