Skip to main content

Immunization and Physical Requirements for International and Exchange Students

COVID-19 Student Updates & Resources

All Spring 2022 SUNY Geneseo students are required to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 no later than January 12, 2022, to attend classes in person and participate in on-campus activities in the Spring, according to a SUNY mandate. 

Below are the Mandatory Health/Immunization Requirements for all students that must be completed and submitted no later than January 12, 2022, to Laura Evans at

Spring 2022 COVID Vaccination/Booster Requirements

All Spring 2022 SUNY Geneseo students are required to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 no later than January 12, 2022, to attend classes in person and participate in on-campus activities in the Spring, according to a SUNY mandate. 

*To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must satisfy all three of these requirements: 

  1. You must have received all required doses of a World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccine
  2. At least two weeks need to have passed since your final shot BEFORE arriving on campus. 
  3. You must have submitted proof of vaccination to your SUNY Geneseo health portal at under Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information

COVID Booster

Students currently eligible to be boosted must provide evidence of receiving a booster by the first day of classes on January 26.

Students who become eligible after the first day of classes must provide proof of booster within 15 days of eligibility. Documentation of the booster MUST be uploaded to the health portal

Students who cannot obtain a booster before returning to campus may schedule an appointment at our on-campus booster clinic on January 31. Limited appointment slots are available.

Please note that booster eligibility is subject to the latest CDC guidelines and may change.

Vaccine/Booster Exemptions

Students who are granted an exemption from the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine requirement are subject to special obligations to enable them to remain on-campus.

Exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination/booster requirement are allowed for students who are:

SUNY Geneseo COVID Remote exemption
SUNY Geneseo COVID Medical exemption
SUNY Geneseo COVID Religious exemption

Your COVID primary vaccine exemption MUST be submitted and granted BEFORE arrival.

Vaccinated students seeking an exemption to the booster must apply by January 26.

Obtain immunization records and email to

Proof of the following REQUIRED NYS requirements.

All records MUST be in English. 

  • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Dose 1, no more than 4 days prior to student's first birthday MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) 
  • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Dose 2 , at least 28 days after the first dose
  • Meningococcal ACWY with in the last 5 years OR 2 or 3 dose series Meningococcal B OR Meningococcal Waiver 

HIGHLY Recommended Immunizations

  • COVID 19
  • Tetanus- Diphtheria- Pertussis (Td, TDAP)
  • Hepatitis A and B
  • Gardasil (HPV)
  • Varicella

What is an Acceptable Immunization Record and where can I obtain them?

Download our Immunization Record form for your medical provider to complete. Located on the health portal under medical clearances/immunization record/download. 

A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on an official government/school letterhead — the simplest place to obtain this may be from your most recently attended high school or college; OR A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on physician’s letterhead with dated Doctor/Provider signature, which includes printed name, address and telephone number; OR Have a blood test to confirm immunity. Please note: a copy of the lab report must be provided to Student Health Services. Please note that the documentation must be in English and must have students name and date of birth. 

  • High School - These records must contain adequate information (including actual dates) for each immunization.
  • Local Health Departments - If primary immunizations were received at your County Health Department request a certified copy from there (including actual dates).
  • Transfer Students - Obtain a copy of your immunizations from your previously attended school by getting in direct contact with the Health Service (including actual dates) .

    Can I submit titers to prove immunity?

    Serum titers are blood tests that measure whether or not you are immune to a given disease(s). More specifically a quantitative serum titer is a titer with a numerical value indicating your actual degree of immunity to a disease(s). When titers are drawn they must be quantitative titers, and you must upload copies of the official laboratory printouts containing the numerical values for Mumps, Measles and Rubella immunity to the health portal under medical clearances/immunization upload.  

    If the titer for a specific disease shows that you’re not immune, you will need to get vaccinated or re-vaccinated (also known as getting a booster).

Recent Physical
  • First-year students/Transfer students must submit a physical performed within the last 12 months from the start of classes.
    • 8/29/2020 - Today
  • You may upload a copy of your recent physical completed on your provider's form or you may download our physical form for your provider to complete at the time of your physical.
    • A valid physical MUST have: 
      1. students name
      2. date of physical
      3. signature of provider or from the providers portal it must show the providers information.  
      4. a statement that the student is healthy to attend college
  • Potential varsity athletes within 6 months of the start of your sport. Must complete additional information at Sports Medicine in the  Medical Forms section.
  • Visit summaries, as shown below, will NOT be accepted as a proper physical form.

Visit Summary NOT ACCEPTED

 Consent for Treatment Online Form
  • Read and acknowledge the online Consent for Treatment, which explains our privacy policies and consent for treatment.
  • ​​​If you will be 17 after you arrive on campus, your parents/guardians will need to print and complete the Minor Consent Form located within Upload/Download forms. Once completed upload the minor consent to the same location.
Health History Online Form

Here you will enter your allergies, medications, personal health history as well as family history. 

TB Screening (online questionnaire)

Respond to ALL questions with a YES or No answer.

  • If all the responses are NO, there is nothing further to complete and you can click Submit Final.
  • If you answered YES to one of the following, you will need laboratory proof of an Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) blood test. 
    • Born in one of the countries listed as having a high incidence of active TB
    • Received a BCG vaccine
    • Have had a positive skin PPD test in the past
  • If you answer YES to any other question, not listed above:
    • Provide a negative skin test (PPD) performed within the last 12 months.

This screening was created using the following resources:;;


For questions or concerns please contact the CCRN, Laura Evans, RN BS, directly:
Phone: 585-245-6284
Fax: 585-245-5015

Insurance Information Online Form

Health Insurance is available for international and exchange. United Health Care holds the current policy.

Contact the the CCRN Nurse, Laura Evans, at or 585-245-6284.

HIV Testing Acknowledgement Online Acknowledgement

Statement acknowledging that you understand that Student Health & Counseling offers HIV testing. This does not require that you have HIV testing. It is making you aware that HIV testing is available if you wish to get tested.

>= 19 NYSIIS (New York State /immunization Information System) Consent

The New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) is a confidential, computerized system that contains immunization records and allows authorized users access to a person’s shot record. Participation in NYSIIS is for people 19 years of age and older is voluntary, so your consent is needed. 

Student Athlete Information

Student athletes must submit all the health requirements listed herein as well as additional information required by the Athletics Department at Sports Medicine in the  Medical Forms section.

The Campus Community Resource Nurse (CCRN), is available Monday through Friday to provide care, information, and advice to all SUNY Geneseo students. The CCRN office is in Onondaga 203N. Due to COVID availability will vary and all visits will require a scheduled appointment. 

Access to Student Health and Counseling Department

All registered SUNY Geneseo students have access to Student Health and Counseling Services. For a list of services, click HERE.

If you have questions or need help navigating our services, contact the Campus Community Resource Nurse (CCRN) by phone (585-245-6284) or email ( for assistance. 

The Campus Community Resource Nurse (CCRN), is available Monday through Friday to provide care, information and advice to all SUNY Geneseo students.   The CCRN office is in Onondaga 203N. Due to COVID availability will vary and all visits will require a scheduled appointment. 

If you have an emergency, call the University Police Department (585-245-5222).