Employment and Internships  

On-Campus Employment

The International Student Services Office assists newly enrolled international students with the completion of the paperwork required to work on-campus.

Local staff members of the U.S. Government’s Social Security Office come to the Geneseo campus to process your student application for a "social security number."  The International Student Services Office prepares an outline of all the steps students must complete before they can work on-campus.



The International Student & Scholar Services Office, working closely with the academic department chairperson, evaluates potential internships, and prepares the appropriate paperwork for the U.S. government related to this type of off-campus "curricular" practical training. If you are interested in gaining work experience before graduation, an internship is the perfect way to test your potential career path! Stop by the office to discuss potential internship opportunities with us. 

Miko & Dena

Employment Off-Campus
The International Student Services Office assists international students who wish to work for a U.S. company in their field of study with the application forms for such employment (called "practical training").