Follow Milne Library
Signs, Displays, Artwork, E-Posters, Collection Boxes, Lobby Table
Display cases & Exhibits
If you have a display or exhibit that you would like to present in Milne, please contact Library Administration.
Vestibule Bulletin Board
The bulletin board in the library's main entrance is available for use. This is a great place to hang flyers, signs, and advertisements.
Please be advised that all displays are subject to the College's Sign & Poster Regulation Policy. Unauthorized signs and posters are subject to removal without notice.
The Lobby Table can be scheduled for use by college approved student groups.
Contact the Office of Scheduling at email@example.com.
Recognized student groups or academic departments/classes may request permission to place a collection box in Milne Library using this request form.
Collection box policies:
- We cannot accept collection boxes for money, only goods such as food, household items, etc.
- Collection boxes will be placed on the counter near the tape and staples.
- Boxes must include contact information (name, email, and phone number) for the responsible person and clearly indicate the group or department collecting items.
- Collection boxes will be accepted for up to two weeks and must be picked up promptly at the end of the scheduled time.
E-Posters (Milne Library Lobby HDTV display)
Milne Library is happy to display electronic posters for student organizations, campus and department events that comply with our policies. Electronic posters are shown on the HDTV in the main lobby of the library in a rotation with others in a given week.
Posters may be displayed for up to 2 weeks.
Submissions are handled on a first-come-first-served basis.
Milne Library E-Poster Guidelines
- E-posters must be submitted as a single MS PowerPoint 4:3 slide in landscape orientation.
- No other file formats will be accepted, including .jpg, .png, or .pdf.
- If you have an image, simply place it on a PowerPoint slide, save and submit. Do not submit a 16:9 slide as the formatting will change.
E-Poster Design Recommendations
- Keep the wording simple, your e-flyer will be circulating with other submissions.
- Be sure the text is large enough to be read from a distance.
Before you submit your poster, take one last look to be sure you have provided the following information:
- Title of Event
- Date(s) and Time(s)
- Contact information
All submissions of electronic posters for display in Milne Library are handled by Steve Dresbach. Confirmation of your submission will be made via email. Please do not assume your poster has been accepted until you receive an e-mail confirmation. Please submit your request at least three business days in advance.
Please Note: Only Geneseo faculty, staff, and recognized student organizations may post in Milne Library in accordance with the Office of Campus Scheduling & Special Events Policies and Procedures.
Submit your E-poster
Drop your single PowerPoint slide into the Electronic Poster Dropbox
*You must be on campus, for off-campus you first need to establish a VPN connection
NOTE: Do not email your PowerPoint slide.
Using Windows click the start menu or (flag + r on the keyboard) and in the search/run box enter:
\\files\inbox\Library\Electronic Poster Dropbox
Using Mac OS X go to Finder, then select the "Go" menu | "Connect to Server" and enter: smb://files.geneseo.edu/inbox/library/Electronic Poster Dropbox
Complete the submission form ; login in with your Geneseo username and password.