THE APPLICATION PROCESS: A SIMPLE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
STEP #1: APPLY FOR A FINANCIAL GRANT
We offer financial assistance for our trips. Financial Assistance is available based on need and the availability of funds which are provided through the Geneseo Student Association. Please complete this form if you are interested in applying for financial assistance.
*Please note: All students selected for participation will be notified of the status of their financial grant application during the week of October 25, 2021.
STEP #2: APPLY FOR A SERVICE TRIP
- The application for all 2022 service trips will open on Monday, October 4, 2021.
- Students have until Monday, October 18, 2021, to apply. This is a hard deadline and the form will close at 11:59 pm on October 18, 2021.
- All student applications will be reviewed by members of the CARES Trips Committee. All applicants will be notified the week of October 25, 2021.
- At the time of notification, you will receive a decision on the status of your application along with the status of your financial grant. If your application is accepted, you will have 48 hours from the time of notification to submit your $100.00 deposit.
STEP #3: COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION
After finishing steps one and two above, please patiently wait until the week of October 25, 2021. If your application is accepted, you will have 48 hours from the time of notification to submit your $100.00 deposit and complete your application in the Center for Community (MacVittie College Union, Room 353). To submit your deposit and finalize your registration, please follow the steps below:
PLEASE READ: ONLY BEGIN STEP #3 ONCE YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND APPROVED BY LIVINGSTON CARES! ALL STUDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA E-MAIL OF THEIR APPLICATION STATUS ON THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 25, 2021.
1. To complete your registration, please SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT with a staff member in the Center for Community. Click here: Make your appointment.
2. Before your registration appointment, please prepare the following items (if you show up to your appointment without these items, you will be asked to reschedule):
- Valid driver's license, non-driver ID, or passport (The name on this identification must match exactly the name you provided above on the Volunteer Information Form)
- Medical insurance card (or photo of the card front and back) for the policy on which you are enrolled.
- Cash, Check, or Venmo to pay your $100 deposit.
- A New York State-approved proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., CDC Vaccination card, Excelsior Digital Passport, etc.).
PLEASE NOTE: Our host organizations require that All VOLUNTEERS be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
3. Attend and bring the above items to your registration appointment. At your one-on-one registration appointment with our staff, you will be given the date for your group's mandatory pre-service training. Also, if you applied for financial aid, you will be given the total balance you owe.
4. Pay the balance you owe by the following trip specific deadlines (if you are unable to make your trip-specific deadline please let us know ASAP and we will create an individualized payment plan with you):
- January Service Trips: The deadline to pay is November 5th, 2021
- March Service Trips: The deadline to pay is February 4th, 2022
- May Service Trips: The deadline to pay is March 4th, 2022
5. Attend your service group's mandatory pre-service training (Remember: The date, time, and location of your group's mandatory pre-service training will be given to you at the time of your one-on-one registration appointment with our staff.).
We look forward to working with you to engage in the important work of Livingston CARES! Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or issues with the registration.
Connect with us on Social Media
Visit the Center for community
MacVittie College Union, Room 353
SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo NY 14454
Contact Livingston County CARES
Fall 2021 Center for Community Office Hours
Mondays - 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM
Tuesdays - 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM
Wednesdays - 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM
Thursdays - 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM
Fridays - 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM