Instructor Step-by-Step Guide:
Lock a PDF
- From Adobe Acrobat Professional menu bar, click Advanced >
Security > Encrypt With Password (alternatively, you can click
the Secure icon > Encrypt With Password) see figure
- Under the Permissions section, click the checkbox next to Restrict editing and printing of the document. Next to Change Permissions Password, create a password that will allow you to edit or print the PDF.
- Make sure that the Printing Allowed drop down menu is set to "none." Make sure the Changes Allowed drop down menu is set to "none."
- Make sure that Enable copying of text, images, and other content is unchecked.
- Make sure that Enable text access for screan reader devices for the visually impaired is checked.
- See figure two for steps 2-5.
- Press OK
- Another box will appear. Press OK
- Another box will appear. Reenter the password you created, then press OK.
- Another box will appear. Press OK.
- In order for these security effects to take place, you must save the PDF. The changes will not be effective until you save.
Need myCourses help?