Students moving into residence halls (SUNY Geneseo/Keith Walters '11)
The fall semester is on our doorstep, and the Geneseo community is gearing up to welcome new and returning students. Below is essential information for students and families coming to campus.
In addition to the following information, be sure to visit our move-in information page for a downloadable campus map and other updates.
For more details about Move-in Weekend activities, buying textbooks, eating on campus, and things to do in preparation for the coming semester, check out the information we sent to parents of new students in our summer newsletters.
If you plan to bring a vehicle to campus, make sure to get a student parking permit online in advance. You can pick it up at Parking Services (Shrader 19).
New students (only): 8 a.m.– 4 p.m., Friday, Aug. 23
Returning students: 10 a.m.–4 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 24
Check out our What to Bring guide for information on what to bring to campus and what to leave behind.
Enter campus from specific locations indicated on the move-in map only; most campus roads are designated as one-way for the day. Visit our move-in information page for residence hall-specific guidance on how to navigate to loading areas.
Look for the color-coded signs and drive directly to the residence hall.
Tips for Move-in Day
- Stay on paved roadways to drop off items. Field parking is available near Onondaga Hall only.
- Drop off belongings and any passengers at the designated residence hall drop-off.
- Move-in volunteers will be at most locations to help transport your belongings to your room.
- A few carts and baskets are available but if you own a handcart, bring it! It’ll help get you in your room faster.
- After unloading your car, please move your vehicle to the designated parking areas.
- Check in at your hall. We’ll get you to your room.
New Student Move-in Day Schedule
Friday, August 23, 2019
1–4 p.m.: Last Chance Orientation, Newton 202 (mandatory informational session for first-year and transfer students who did not attend summer orientation).
11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.: President's Reception for Families of New Students at the Campus House, 17 Main Street.
4:30 p.m.: Welcoming Picnic on the College Union Plaza (rain location: College Union Ballroom).
5:45 p.m.: "G" Photo 2019 in the College Stadium.
6:30 p.m.: New Student Convocation in Wadsworth Auditorium (overflow location: Newton).
7:30 p.m.: The First Knight Celebration immediately follows the New Student Convocation on the College Green (rain location: College Union Ballroom).