Orientation at Geneseo helps transition first-year and transfer students to the next steps of their academic and life journeys. It provides opportunities for students to acclimate to campus, make connections, foster a sense of pride in Geneseo, and establish a foundation for academic success. The aim of Orientation, including Weeks of Welcome, is to lay the groundwork for a happy and productive college experience.
Weeks of Welcome (WOW) is the official start of a new semester. It's a transitional time when students get to know the campus and prepare for their academic endeavors. The Department of Student Life organizes an exciting slate of events for new students, which includes many different way to get involved with student organizations, celebrate school spirit by cheering on our athletic teams, and connect to the campus community.
Timeline: Summer Orientation and Weeks of Welcome 2021
- Mid-July: Launch podcasts
- August 2: Launch web-based orientation materials
- August 16: Orientation Leaders begin virtual engagement with orientation groups
- August 26-29: Move-In Weekend/Orientation Weekend
- August 27-September 10: In-person Weeks of Welcome
- August 27-December 13 (Last Day of Classes): Semester-long Orientation
Orientation and Weeks of Welcome Events
You can also view the Orientation and Weeks of Welcome schedule in the campus calendar.