Getting to Geneseo
Below you will find driving directions by car or you can reserve a Geneseo shuttle from the airport.
Travel by Car
It's easy to reach Geneseo by car via Route 20A or New York State Routes 63 and 39, all of which pass through the village. New York State Thruway (U.S. 90) exits 46 and 48 are about 20 miles north of Geneseo at Rochester and Batavia.
FROM THE WEST
Take the New York State Thruway to Batavia Exit 48; Route 63 South to Geneseo for approximately 20 miles; bear left at fork after traffic light (toward 20A); turn left at stop sign, onto 20A; first left at stop light onto Main Street (Route 39); see continued directions below.
FROM THE SOUTH
Take Route 390 North to Exit 7; Route 63/39 North (approximately 3 miles); turn left at the second traffic light onto Main Street (Route 39); see continued directions below.
FROM THE NORTH OR EAST
Take the New York State Thruway to Rochester Exit 46; Route 390 South to Geneseo Exit 8; Route 20A West (approximately five miles); turn right at the third traffic light onto Main Street (Route 39); see continued directions below.
Take the first left off Main Street onto Park Street. Approved parking lots will be noted in early summer.
A more detailed set of directions can be found at MapQuest. Become familiar with our campus by viewing the Geneseo Campus Map.
Geneseo Shuttle Service
Important: Do not make airline or shuttle reservations until your orientation session dates have been confirmed. Please note this is a special shuttle service for New Student Orientation.
For summer orientation sessions, there is a shuttle van available for students and family members utilizing the Rochester International Airport, Bus station, or Amtrak. This service is by reservation only. You can reserve the shuttle service online, or call the office at (585) 245-5852 at least one week before your orientation session. We are not able to accomodate onsite requests; you must have a reservation to use the shuttle service.
There is a $20.00 round-trip charge per person for this service (payable when you arrive at Geneseo and check-in for orientation). Please make sure you have received a confirmation with your session dates before you schedule your transportation.
To take advantage of this limited service, you must plan your travel carefully.
- Transfer students must arrive in Rochester, NY between 5pm-10pm the evening before orientation and depart from Rochester after 5pm on the day of orientation.
- First-year students must arrive in Rochester between 5pm-10pm the evening before orientation or between 6am-11am on Day 1, and must depart from Rochester after 5pm on Day 2 of the orientation program.
Please note that if your flight is delayed past 10pm, you may have to make other arrangements for getting to Geneseo from the airport, train station, or bus station. We suggest that you check http://transportation.geneseo.edu and form an alternate plan before leaving home.
Things to Note:
- When you arrive at the Rochester airport, exit on the lower level and look for the van in the second traffic loop (where the taxis and other shuttle buses line up). Unless you are notified otherwise, our driver will be in a large white van marked "Geneseo." For your safety, please make sure the van driver has your name on his or her list before you enter the van.
- When you arrive in Geneseo, be sure to speak to the driver about where and when you should meet for your return trip.
- This airport shuttle service is unique to Summer Orientation and does not extend through the school year. For information on transportation during the year, visit http://transportation.geneseo.edu.
To make your reservation for the airport shuttle service, have your travel information ready and click on the appropriate session for your shuttle reservation.
Return to Orientation main page >>