January 15—Residence Halls open for new students (9:00 a.m.)
January 20—First day of classes
January 26—Drop/Add period ends
January 26—Last day to withdraw from individual courses with full tuition refund
February 6—Last day to elect Pass/Fail
March 16-20—Spring Break
March 30—Course registration begins
April 21—Annual G.R.E.A.T. Day—No classes
May 5—Last Day of Classes
May 6—Study Day
May 7-13—Final Exams
May 14—Residence Halls close for the semester (10:00 a.m.)
- About the Program:
- YouBelong is a series designed specifically for transfer students and focuses on social and academic transitions students may encounter during their first semester at Geneseo. The program series runs during the fall and spring semesters.
The YouBelong program series:
- Addresses the needs of transfer students by providing programs that address academic, social, and transitional issues.
- Provides information regarding locations of campus facilities, use of college offices and services, and other essential information through regular communication with transfer students
- Presents opportunities for transfer students to socialize and interact with other Geneseo students and develop academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Provides individual guidance and support to all transfer students during the transition process.
Click here to view a copy of the YouBelong poster.
Spring 2015 Program Highlights:
Sunday, January 18 | 7:00pm | MacVittie College Union
Join YouBelong, New Student Programs, and GLK at Coffee Connections! There will be acoustic music performances, coffee, tea, and DIY cookies available for your enjoyment. Bring friends or come and make new ones at this relaxing event!
Refuel at Your New School
Tuesday, January 20 | 9:00am-3:00pm | Erwin Hall 219 "The Commons"
Stop by on the first day of classes and let us know how you’re doing, ask us questions, and refuel with some snacks and coffee. Free long-sleeve YouBelong t-shirts to those who attend!
Student Organization Expo.
Wednesday, January 28 | 2:00-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Here is your chance to get involved! Come and meet with student leaders of clubs and organizations that you can join. Get involved...make it count!
Navigating Milne Library for Transfer Students
Tueday, February 3 and Wednesday, February 4 | 7:00-8:00pm | Milne 213
When transfer students come to SUNY Geneseo, they typically bypass INTD 105--the course that formally introduces new Geneseo students to the Milne Library and its many resources. As a result, these students sometimes run into difficulties when faced with their first assignment(s) involving library research. This workshop is designed to get our many transfer students up-to-speed with their peers by introducing them to the library's many resources and teaching them a few key research methods. Taught by Daniel Ross, Milne Library.
Volunteer & Study Abroad Fair
Wednesday, February 4 | 12:00pm-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Interested in studying abroad? Looking for volunteer opportunities? Come learn about all of the international opportunities you can take advantage of through SUNY Geneseo. Additionally, representatives from college and community organizations will be present to recruit volunteers and talk about their programs and services.
Pre-Advisement Registration Program
Wednesday, March 25 | 4:00-5:00pm | Erwin Hall 219
What classes will I take in the fall? How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor? Attend this informal Q&A session with a representative from the Office of the Dean of the College who will walk you through the steps to prepare for the fall 2015 advisement and registration process.