- About the Program:
- YouBelong is a series designed specifically for transfer students and focuses on the social and academic transitions students encounter during their first semester at Geneseo. The program series runs during the fall and spring semesters.
The YouBelong program series:
- Addresses the needs of transfer students by providing programs that address academic, social, and transitional issues.
- Provides information regarding locations of campus facilities, use of college offices and services, and other essential information through regular communication with transfer students
- Presents opportunities for transfer students to socialize and interact with other Geneseo students and develop academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Provides individual guidance and support to all transfer students during the transition process.
Spring 2016 Program Highlights:
Refuel at Your New School
Tuesday, January 19th | 9-3:00pm | Erwin Commons 219
Stop by on the first day of classes and let us know how you're doing, ask us questions, and refuel with some snacks and coffee. Free long-sleeve YouBelong t-shirts to those who attend!
Student Organization Expo Fair
Wednesday, January 27th | 2-4:00pm | Macvittie College Union Ballroom and Patio
Come and meet members of the 200+ clubs and organizations represented here at Geneseo. See what grabs your interest and get involved!
Volunteer and Study Abroad Fair
Wednesday, February 3rd | 12:00-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Interested in studying abroad? Looking for volunteer opportunities? Come learn about all of the international opportunities you can take advantage of through SUNY Geneseo. Additionally, representatives from college and community organizations will be present to recruit volunteers and talk about their programs and services.
Pre-Advisement Registration Program
Wednesday, March 23rd | 4-5:00pm | Newton 206
What classes will I take in the fall? How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor? Attend this informal Q&A session with a representative from the Office of the Dean of the College who will walk you through the steps to prepare for the Spring 2016 advisement and registration process.