Mission, Values and Goals
SUNY Geneseo, nationally recognized as a center of excellence in undergraduate education, is a public liberal arts college with selected professional and master's level programs. It combines a rigorous curriculum and a rich co-curricular life to create a learning-centered environment. The entire college community works together to develop socially responsible citizens with skills and values important to the pursuit of an enriched life and success in the world.
- Excellence, and upholds high standards for intellectual inquiry and scholarly achievement;
- Innovation, and affirms a spirit of exploration that fosters continued excellence;
- Community, and embraces the educational aspirations and interests that its members share;
- Diversity, and respects the unique contributions of each individual to the campus community;
- Integrity, and promotes the development of ethical citizens;
- Service to Society, and models the qualities it seeks to develop in its students;
- Tradition, and celebrates its long history of collaborative, learning-centered education.
Provide every student the highest quality education through a rigorous, challenging, and active learning experience in close working relationships with faculty and staff that encourages intellectual engagement and personal growth.
- Recruit, support, and foster the development of a diverse community of outstanding students, faculty, and staff.
- Enrich the collegiate experience by strengthening the integration between curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Cultivate relationships between the College and wider community that support College programs and serve the community.
- Expand funding for institutional priorities and initiatives through public and private support, grants, and entrepreneurial activities.
- Promote institutional effectiveness through ongoing assessment in every program.
- Provide a high quality physical environment and outstanding services, facilities, equipment, and technology.