Each fall, we welcome our new students to campus and celebrate the return of students who've been away for the summer.
Move-in week at Geneseo is a busy but fun time as students, parents, faculty and staff buzz around campus preparing for the coming semester. Below we've provided a summary of the essential information for students settling in (or back in) to campus this fall.
Students can view their housing assignments through the Symplicity Residence software. They will be prompted for their Geneseo username and password.
Call the Residence Life office at 585-245-5726 with any questions.
Packing & Preparation
- New Students (only):
8 AM-4 PM Friday, Aug. 23
- Returning Students:
10 AM-4 PM Saturday, Aug. 24
Getting Around Campus
- Enter campus only from specific locations indicated on the move-in map. Most campus roads have been designated as one-way for move-in day.
- Look for the color-coded signs and drive directly to your residence hall.
- Be sure to follow University Police directions.
Nassau, Niagara, Onondaga, Suffolk or Wayne
- Follow the RED signs, entering from the Route 20A/39 entrance, to “Information/Drop Points” marked on your move-in map by Xs.
- Drop off your belongings, then park either on Onondaga Field or in a student lot.
Saratoga Terrace (The Townhouses)
- Enter campus via Mary Jemison Drive from Route 63 and use the staging area in Lot TT marked on the move-in map by Xs across the road from the South Village.
- Check-in at the Commons. No vehicles are allowed on the pedestrian walkway.
Allegany, Genesee, Jones, Livingston, Monroe, Putnam, Steuben or Wyoming
- Follow the GREEN signs from Route 63 to College Drive to “Information/Drop Points” marked on the map by Xs.
Erie, Ontario or Seneca
- Follow the BLUE signs from Court Street to “Information/Drop Points” marked on the map by Xs.
Tips for Move-In Day
- Take a breath and enjoy the moment.
- Stay on paved roadways to drop off items.
- Field parking is available near Onondaga Hall only.
- Drop off belongings and any passengers at the designated residence hall drop-off.
- Move-in volunteers will be at most locations to help transport your belongings to your room.
- A few carts and baskets are available but if you own a handcart, bring it! It’ll help get you in your room faster.
- After unloading your car, please move your vehicle to the designated parking areas.
- Check-in at your hall. We’ll get you to your room.
Services for New Students
Vehicle registration is required for on-campus parking. You can buy your parking permit when you get on campus or pre-purchase your permit online and pick it up at parking services (highly recommended).
Location: Schrader 19
Hours: Friday 8/23 from 8 AM-4 PM, Saturday, 8/24 from 12-4 PM
CIT HelpDesk: Ask questions about connecting your computer to the Geneseo network.
Location: Milne Library
Hours: Friday 8/23 from 8 AM-4 PM and Saturday 8/24 from 10 AM-4 PM. Open during library hours during the semester.
Phone: (585) 245-5588
Dining and Campus ID
Campus Auxiliary Services (CAS) is where you pick up your Geneseo ID card or ask about dining services. Meal cards will be active starting Friday, August 23. Food will be available from the Chowhound food truck, Starbucks and Fusion Market.
Location: Blake A 108
Hours: Friday 8/23 8 AM-4:30 PM, Saturday 8/24 12-4 PM
The Campus Bookstore is where you can buy textbooks, Geneseo gear, and other supplies.
Location: MacVittie College Union, Main Floor
Hours: Friday, 8/23 from 9 AM-4 PM, Saturday, 8/24 and Sunday, 8/25 from 10 AM-5 PM
Move-in Day Events for New Students
New students are invited to special Move-in Day events on Friday, August 23. We hope you'll join us!
- President's Reception for Families of New Students: 11:30 AM-1:30 PM at the Campus House, 17 Main Street. Meet some of our staff and faculty and connect with other parents.
- Welcome Picnic for New Students: 4:30 PM on the College Union Plaza. All faculty, staff, faculty/staff families, and new students are invited.
- G Photo 2019: 5:45 PM in College Stadium. This photo will be taken directly following the President's Welcome Picnic. Make your way to Geneseo's brand new stadium to be a part of this annual tradition and wear your blue and white.
- New Student Convocation: 6:30 PM in Wadsworth Auditorium. Chris Leary, SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor of Mathematics, will be this year’s speaker.
- First Knight: 7:30 PM on the College Green. Join us for food, fun and games to celebrate the start of the semester..
Be sure to visit the Weeks of Welcome (or WOW) webpage as it one of the important ways in which new students can start to become part of the Geneseo experience.
New students can stop in at the Academic Advising office, located in Erwin 106, with questions about fall course schedules or academic plans. Starting on Friday, August 23, staff in will be available to answer questions or make arrangements for students to meet with one of the deans. Students can drop-in or set up an appointment from 8 AM to 5 PM (M-F) throughout the first week of classes to discuss schedules or academic planning. Call the office at 585 245-5541. The drop/add period runs Monday, August 26 to Friday, August 30.
More information for first-year students. We can’t wait to see you on campus!
Geneseo Gives Back Sale
At the end of each academic year, students donate items from their houses and residence halls that they no longer need. These are cleaned and organized and offered up for sale to new and returning students during opening weekend the following August. The sale is a fundraiser for the Interfaith Center and other organizations and is located at InterFaith Center (11 Franklin Street, Geneseo; next to Lauderdale!) Questions? Check out the Geneseo Gives Back webpage.