Be Responsible – It’s Easy to Do Your Part
Each of us can take small steps to protect ourselves and the campus community. Because COVID-19 is highly contagious, these simple measures apply both on and off-campus:
- All residents are required to wear face coverings (masks) outside of their private room or shower, even when they are able to maintain six feet of social distancing.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Stay in your room when you are sick or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19. Call the Student Health Center at 585-245-5736 for support.
What Happens Next?
After an on-campus student has been advised that they will need to isolate themselves because they have tested positive for COVID-19 or quarantine because they are a direct contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and they are not vaccinated, they will be encouraged to isolate at their permanent residence if they can do so safely (no mass transit) or enter on campus Isolation/ Quarantine if it is not possible to do so off campus. Occupants of the Isolation/Quarantine residence hall are divided by those who need to isolate and those who need to quarantine.
- Students who must to isolate or quarantine in the Isolation/Quarantine residence hall instead of going to their permanent residence, will be contacted by a staff member from Residence Life who will talk them through the quarantine housing process, protocols, and policies, assign them a room, and provide instructions on how to access the building and their new space.
- Students will receive packing list reminders and will have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Students will be reminded to bring a blanket, chargers, comfort items, books, medicines, preferred hygiene products, and snacks.
- Students will also receive an email with instructions and important information. They will also be added to the Group Me “SUNY Geneseo QI21” to begin communication with the Residence Life staff and the Quarantine Coordinator RA.
- Student ID Card access to academic and administrative buildings will be turned off and residence hall access will be adjusted to grant the student access to the Isolation/Quarantine Hall.
- Students may access a moving cart if needed at the residence hall lobby and then walk or drive to the Isolation/Quarantine Hall.
- After entering the Isolation/Quarantine Hall, using their ID Card, students will find their room. The door will be unlocked and the key on the desk in their assigned room.
- The room will have hygiene products, wellness items, bedding, and a pillow (no blanket). A micro-fridge is provided as well.
- Laundry service is provided one day a week. Instructions will be provided in an email.
- Mail delivery will be arranged at the resident's request to the Mail Center.
- Students will find a snack bag with meal ordering instructions in their new room from CAS. More details can be found in the email.
Things To Do While in Quarantine
Playing Cards - https://playingcards.io/
Uno - https://poki.com/en/g/uno-online
Skribbl.io - https://skribbl.io/
Taboo - https://playtaboo.com/playpage
Psych! - https://www.warnerbros.com/games-and-apps/psych-outwit-your-friends
Jigsaw Puzzles - https://www.jigsawplanet.com/
Rummikub - https://www.
The Body Coach TV - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
Fitness Blender - https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos
Pop Sugar Fitness - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBINFWq52ShSgUFEoynfSwg
Yoga - https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene