The COVID-19 infection rate at SUNY Geneseo has been minimal and compliance with COVID-19 guidelines high. This is quite impressive. As a result, visitation privileges are being adjusted to permit residents to visit one another in their residence hall room as long as they live within the same residence hall.
Residence Hall visitation will be evaluated on an ongoing basis based on student conduct violations and the results of surveillance and/or individual testing. Should testing show an increase in positive COVID-19 cases or policy violations, permissions will be reevaluated. The result will be the revocation of progress in visitation opportunities:
- Policy violations and/or positive COVID-19 test results will result in a return to the restrictions set in place at the beginning of the school year. [Residents will not be permitted to visit another resident's room or suite (even within the same residence hall).]
- Violations of other residence hall regulations or conduct standards will impact the advancement of permission or result in returning to a more restrictive standard.
While visitation between residence halls is still prohibited, residents within the same building will be able to enter each other’s room following these guidelines:
- Off campus students are not permitted to enter a residence hall.
- Residence hall access will be limited to those who are assigned to that particular building.
- Guests, visitors, and other students or residents are not permitted to enter a residence hall that is not the one to which they are assigned.
- Residents are permitted to visit another resident's room within the same building.
- This permission is dependent upon the comfort and expressed approval of roommates and suite mates. To clarify: Visitors will only be allowed within individual suites/rooms with the consent of all residents.
- Masks must be worn while visiting.
- Bathroom use within a suite or in that section of the corridor is not permitted by anyone who is not assigned to that suite or section.
Parameters for Visitation:
- Corridor Style Residences: Each resident can have one resident from the same residence hall in their room.
- Suite Style Residences: Residents who live in suites can have resident visitors equalling approximately 150% of the capacity of the space.
- 8 person suites may have four resident visitors in the suite (12 residents total in the suite)
- 6 person suites may have three resident visitors in the suite (9 residents total in the suite)
- 5 person suites may have two resident visitors in the suite (7 residents total in the suite)
- 4 person suites may have two resident visitors in the suite (6 residents total in the suite)
- 3 person suites may have two resident visitors in the suite (5 residents total in the suite)
- Residence Halls
- Corridor: Livingston, Monroe, Onondaga, Putnam, Steuben, Seneca, Wayne (Jones & Niagara)
- Suite: Allegany, Erie, Genesee, Monroe, Nassau, Ontario, Suffolk, Wyoming
- Saratoga Terrace Townhouses: Residents of the townhouses may visit other townhouse residents.
- 5 person suites may have two townhouse resident visitors in the townhouse (7 residents total in the townhouse)
- 4 person suites may have two townhouse resident visitors in the townhouse (6 residents total in the townhouse)
These new visitation permissions will remain in place through the remainder of the Fall 2020 semester and will reset upon return for the Spring 2021 semester. They will remain active unless cases of COVID-19 rise within the residence halls and contract tracing reveals that actions have occurred that could lead to conditions requiring a more restrictive policy to limit the spread.