Residence halls will officially close on May 21, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
All residents must vacate their rooms by 10:00 AM on May 21, except for seniors participating in Commencement activities and Saratoga Townhouse residents. These residents must depart by 12:00 PM on May 23, 2021.
The terms "closing", "move-out", and "check-out" all refer to the same thing, but have different meanings.
Closing - This is how we refer to the process of shutting down or transitioning building operations. It is also how we prepare to wrap up staffing plans and department operations for the year. Official Closing is May 21, 2021.
Move-Out - This is you physically packing up, cleaning up, and leaving your room with no plans of returning to the Residence Halls until the next year or not at all.
Check-Out - This is you making a plan for Move-Out to assist us in Closing. You will need to make an appointment with your RA to do a room inspection, submit work orders, locate and hand in your key, decide your move-out date and time, and communicate any plans with your RA, RD, or AC.
To have an efficient departure, residents will make an appointment with their Resident Assistant for a room inspection and official "check-out" just prior to their moving out for the summer. Check-outs may be scheduled to take place between May 14-21.
Information about check-out appointments and requirements will be posted at residence hall service desks and shared at spring closing meetings.
Guidelines for a Safe Move-Out Experience
- Make an appointment with an RA for check-out!
- Invite helpers to assist in the move-out process. Two helpers are permitted to come to campus. One helper may enter the residence hall at a time. Helpers may not come to campus if they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days, have a fever over 100.00, or if they have any of the following symptoms: cough, congestion, headache, loss of smell or taste, diarrhea, or any other concerning symptoms.
- Wear masks at all times while in the residence halls or within 6 feet of another person.
- Wipe down high touch surfaces with disinfectants (ex: spray and paper towels).
- Leave the room in the condition it was in upon arrival in August/February: Sweep floors, clean bathroom, return all furniture, report damages, remove personal items, and throw away garbage in the trash room.
- Depart within the three-hour window allotted.