Transfer Student Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) are designated floors of residence halls where transfer students can opt to live together. A Transfer Student Mentor (specially trained Resident Assistant) lives on the floor and helps transfer students navigate the College.
- Designated floor of transfer students who share your unique experience
- Transfer Student Mentor living on the floor as a resource and connection
- Direct connection with New Student Programs and the YouBelong series
What is a Living-Learning Community?
A Living-Learning Community (LLC) is a group of students who choose to live together in a Residence Hall to explore a common interest. Each LLC has a shared academic component (e.g., a course, faculty-led workshops, a service trip) and is strengthened by co-curricular experiences that align with the community's interests and goals.
The Learning Outcomes of our Living-Learning Communities are from the GLOBE document, which outlines outcomes for all SUNY Geneseo students upon graduation:
- Integrative Inquiry: To ask meaningful questions connecting personal experiences to academic study and co-curricular life; to synthesize multiple bodies of knowledge to address real-world problems and issues.
- Application and Transfer: To adapt and apply skills, theories, and methods gained in one or more domains to new situations.
- Reflection: To reflect upon changes in learning and outlook over time; to make personal, professional, and civic plans based on that self-reflection.
Belonging | Growth | Interaction
- Blocks of Transfer Student housing are located in Livingston Hall, Nassau Hall, and Erie Hall and all have a specialty RA position known as a Transfer Student Mentor (TSM) who has been trained in supporting transfer students.
- Transfer Student Experience halls are catered to the unique needs of transfer students at Geneseo: focusing on academic transition and integration into the institution.
- Students living in Transfer Student Experience LLCs will explore their own passions as they identify the different pathways to achieve institutional and career benchmarks.
- Students living in Transfer Student Experience LLCs will learn how to navigate the academic, professional, and social support systems in place at Geneseo.
Apply to Live Here
All housing placements for Transfer Student Housing are based upon application review. Applicants must have submitted complete answers to all questions in the application to be considered for placement. Only those who submit an application by the housing deadlines listed on the housing selection website may be considered for placement. You can find more information on the housing process at housing for incoming students.
For any questions or concerns, contact the Department of Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-245-5726) or the Associate Director for Educational Initiatives, Dr. Meg Reitz, (email@example.com or 585-245-6363)
Are you a faculty or staff member interested in getting involved? Visit our Residential Fellows webpage for more information or fill out the general interest form or contact Meg Reitz directly at x6363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.