Transfer Student Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) are designated floors of residence halls where transfer students can opt to live together. A Transfer Student Mentor (specially trained Resident Assistant) lives on that floor and helps transfer students navigate the College.
YouBelong is a program run from the Office of New Student Programs that offers events and activities to familiarize transfer student with SUNY Geneseo and provide opportunities to meet other students and get involved.
- Designated floor of transfer students who share your unique experience
- Transfer Student Mentor living on the floor as a resource and connection
- Direct connection with New Student Programs and the YouBelong series
What is a Living-Learning Community?
A Living-Learning Community (LLC) is a group of students who choose to live together in a Residence Hall to explore a common interest. Each LLC has a shared academic component (e.g., a course, faculty-led workshops, a service trip) and is strengthened by co-curricular experiences that align with the community's interests and goals.
Belonging | Growth | Interaction
- Livingston Hall and Nassau Hall contain blocks of Transfer Student housing and Livingston Hall, Nassau Hall, and Erie Hall all have a specialty RA position known as a Transfer Student Mentor (TSM) who has been trained in supporting transfer students.
- Transfer Student Experience halls are catered to the unique needs of transfer students at Geneseo. Each Transfer Student Block is supported by a special student staff position: the Transfer Student Mentor (TSM) who is trained in supporting our transfer student population. The TSM works with other offices and the YouBelong series to connect transfer students to academic resources, to networking opportunities, and to each other.
- Visit the YouBelong webpage to learn more about opportunities for transfer students.
- Students living in Transfer Student Experience LLCs will explore their own passions as they identify the different pathways to achieve institutional and career benchmarks.
- Students living in the Transfer Student Experience LLCs will participate in at least one YouBelong event each semester.
- Students living in Transfer Student Experience LLCs will learn how to navigate the academic, professional, and social support systems in place at Geneseo.
Apply to Live Here
All housing placements for Writers House are based upon application review. Applicants must have submitted complete answers to all questions in the application to be considered for placement. Only those who submit an application by the housing deadlines listed on the housing selection website may be considered for placement. You can find more information on the housing process at housing for incoming students.
For any questions or concerns, contact the Department of Student Life (email@example.com or 585-245-5851) or the Assistant Director for Educational Initiatives, Dr. Meg Reitz, (firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-245-6363)
Are you a faculty or staff member interested in getting involved? Visit our Residential Fellows webpage for more information or fill out the general interest form or contact Dr. Meg Reitz directly at x6363 or email@example.com.