Joining the SUNY Geneseo Federal Credit Union is Easy!
Applicants that meet membership requirements may apply for an account with our credit union. To open an account:
- The applicant(s) must be physically present. Please apply in person at our office, located at 111 MacVittie College Union. Take the staircase going down from the main entryway of the union.
- All applicants are required to open a Regular Share (Savings -"RG") account.
- Non-student accounts require a $5.00 minimum deposit into the Regular Share (Savings -"RG") account.
- Student accounts require a $100.00 minimum deposit; $5.00 of which is held in the students Regular Share (Savings -"RG") Account, $95.00 of which is placed and held in their student account.
- Applicants may chose to open additional sub-accounts if they wish.
- Applicants must provide the credit union with one of the following valid (non-expired) photo IDs:
- Drivers License
- Military ID
- Passport in English
- Sherrif’s ID
- Student IDs are NOT considered a valid form of ID.
- To open a Student Account, you must provide both one of the valid forms of ID listed above AND your student ID.
- Applicants must know their social security number in order to complete the application form.
To comply with the Patriot Act and assist the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, record and maintain information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you open an account, we will ask for:
- Your name
- Current address
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Original photo ID