The Division of Student & Campus Life has established goals for learning at SUNY Geneseo.
- assume responsibility for their own intellectual and ethical development
- successfully complete the transition to college life
- take full advantage of the opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom to learn from every member of the Geneseo community
- successfully prepare for post-graduate educational and occupational opportunities
- become more fully self-aware
- develop a personal value system consistent with the ideals of ethical citizenship
- grow in their social and communication skills as evidenced by their ability to live and work collaboratively with others, engage in respectful relationships, and assume shared responsibility for the common good
- develop leadership skills, and apply them in both the collegiate setting and their communities upon graduation from Geneseo
- develop an understanding of the global nature of our society and the interdependency of all people, and demonstrate appreciation of the similarities and differences we all embody
- develop habits consistent with a healthy lifestyle
- develop an interest in and an appreciation of the fine and performing arts
The staff of the Division of Student and Campus Life will effectively advocate for the rights and responsibilities of all students.