I-9 Verification

I-9 Verification This information is provided to you via the Student Employment Service webpage, but any specifics about I-9 forms should be directed to the SUNY Geneseo Payroll office at x5616 or at 318 Doty Hall.   All employers, including SUNY Geneseo, must adhere to the federal law which requires hiring only American citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Therefore, the Payroll office must verify the employment eligibility of all student employees hired for on-campus positions. Students must complete an I-9 form with the Payroll Office before they begin working on campus*.

*Please note that Campus Auxiliary Services (CAS) is considered a separate employer from SUNY Geneseo. Students working for CAS and SUNY Geneseo must have 2 separate I-9s on file. Non-US citizens please check with the Payroll office for a list of acceptable documentation for authorization to work.