Follow Milne Library
Alumni and Community Services
Services & Policies
Search GLOCAT for books, videos and other materials.
Contact a Librarian
Local History: College Archives, Genesee Valley Historical Collection, Lamron, Yearbooks and more:
Geneseo Authors Celebration Features and highlights publications by SUNY Geneseo faculty, students, staff, and alumni.
Many subscription databases, i.e. JSTOR, Science Direct, etc. limit off-campus access to current students, staff or faculty. However, we have an extensive list of open access databases and resources available to you which covers a broad range of subject matter.
- Databases freely available on the Internet:
- AgEconSearch - Research in Agricultural and Applied Economics collects, indexes, and electronically distributes full text copies of scholarly research in the broadly defined field of agricultural economics
- Agricola - Citations to the agricultural literature created by the National Agricultural Library and its cooperators.
- ArXiv - Open access to e-prints in Physics, Math, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance and Statistics.
Biodiversity Heritage Library - A consortium of natural history and botanical libraries, collaboratively making biodiversity literature openly available to the world as part of a global biodiversity community.
BioMedCentral Open Access - A publisher of open access journals in the sciences and medicine.
- CIA World Factbook - Information on the history, people, government, economy, etc... for world entities.
- CiteSeerX - Public search engine and digital library for scientific and academic papers, primarily in the fields of computer and information science.
- Directory of Open Access Journals - DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- ERIC - ERIC The world's largest digital library of education literature.
- GPO Access - Official, full-text information from the three branches of the Federal Government.
- Google Scholar - Search engine for scholarly information from institutional repositories, publisher websites, etc.
- GRID-Arendal - United Nations Environment Programme: Maps and Graphics
- HathiTrust Digital Library - a massive full-text digital library comprising more than 10 million volumes contributed by more than 60 major research institutions and libraries.
- Library of Congress Virtual Reference Shelf - Online reference materials in all subjects.
- National Center for Education Statistics - all types of data related to education, including prevalence of students in special education
- New York Public Library - Some New York Public Library databases can be remotely accessed. Check the website for latest access information.
- NOVELny - New York Online Virtual Electronic Library - provides free access for NY residents to databases such as Business & Company Resource Center, ProQuest Platinum, Grolier Online, and Health & Wellness Resource Center. Check the website for latest access information.
- Project EUCLID - Mathematics and Statistics databases (limited access)
- PubMed - Provides access to the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE and other related databases.
- REDALyC - Scientific Journals for Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain, and Portugal
- SciElo - Scientific Electronic Library Online Agricultural Sciences, Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Applied Social Sciences, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Health Sciences, Human Sciences, Odontology, Psychiatry, Psychology, Public Health
- SocArXiv - Open archive of social science articles
- Wellcome Library Major resource for medical history, contemporary medicine and biomedical science in society
- Worldcat.org - Connects you to the collections and services of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide.