Need Technical Assistance?
Main Floor of Milne Library
About the CIT HelpDesk
CIT has friendly and helpful staff located at the HelpDesk desk in Milne Library. As you enter the main doors of the library, our desk will be to your left. The HelpDesk provides assistance with the technology located in Milne Library along with carry-in support for Geneseo students, faculty, and staff personally-owned laptops and mobile devices. Services offered include:
- Network setup (including WiFi & VPN)
- Adding printers
- Academic software installation
- Sign-out and support technology available for loan
- General computer questions
HelpDesk staff are not able to perform hardware repair or troubleshooting, OS installation, data recovery, or malware removal. Protect your technology investment by seeking in-warranty assistance from your computer manufacturer or Authorized Service Providers. CIT does not officially partner with any third parties for student repairs. The closest Apple Authorized Service Provider is the Apple Store at Eastview Mall.
For more information about the services available from the CIT HelpDesk or other technology questions, call 585-245-5588, stop by the HelpDesk in Milne Library, submit a request in our online system, or send an email to email@example.com
Technology Support for Departments
Each academic department is part of a cluster that is supported by a Technology Support Professional (TSP). Your TSP can assist you with all desktop computing needs. Contact the CIT HelpDesk at (585) 245-5588 to place a request for your TSP.
Supported Software & Hardware
Please visit the below "Supported" lists often as they are updated to reflect new technology and older technology no longer supported by CIT. Note: These lists are only for "college owned" equipment or tenants expecting service from CIT (if granted). CIT does not support personally owned equipment for faculty and staff.
Reference: Supported Software & Hardware Lists
- CIT Online Service Desk - lookup the status of your computer service or enter a new ticket (use your Geneseo email username and password to log in)
- Get Connected! - This page has helpful information for students bringing computers and other technology into the residence halls.
- Remote Support - during Office Hours, connect with a professional staff member to receive assistance
- Printer Accounting Information - check your printing account balances online
- Self Help Guides - Self Help guides are designed to assist users in getting started with CIT services and supported applications
- ResNet - Student computing in the residence halls
- Student Job Opportunities - view and apply for open student employee positions
- Technology Facilities - computer lab locations and open hours
- Geneseo Gmail