Need Technical Assistance?
Visit the HelpDesk
Monday-Thursday: 7:30am - 11:00pm | Friday: 7:30am - 9:00pm | Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm | Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
About the CIT HelpDesk
CIT has friendly and helpful staff available via phone, remote support, and in Fraser Library. The HelpDesk provides technical support for the SUNY Geneseo community including:
- Network setup (including WiFi & VPN)
- Adding printers
- Academic software installation
- Sign-out and support technology available for loan
- Answering general computer questions
HelpDesk staff are not able to perform hardware repair or troubleshooting, OS installation, data recovery, or malware removal. Protect your technology investment by seeking in-warranty assistance from your computer manufacturer or Authorized Service Providers. CIT does not officially partner with any third parties for student repairs. The closest Apple Authorized Service Provider is the Apple Store at Eastview Mall.
For more information about the services available from the CIT HelpDesk or other technology questions, call 585-245-5588, chat with a representative, submit a request in our online system, or send an email to email@example.com
Technology Support for Departments
Each academic department is part of a cluster that is supported by a Technology Support Professional (TSP). Your TSP can assist you with all desktop computing needs. Contact the CIT HelpDesk by calling call 585-245-5588, submitting a request in our online system, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to place a request for your TSP.
Supported Software & Hardware
Please visit the below "Supported" lists often as they are updated to reflect new technology and older technology no longer supported by CIT. Note: These lists are only for "college owned" equipment or tenants expecting service from CIT (if granted). CIT does not support personally owned equipment for faculty and staff.
Reference: Supported Software & Hardware Lists
- CIT Online Service Desk - lookup the status of your computer service or enter a new ticket (use your Geneseo email username and password to log in)
- Get Connected! - This page has helpful information for students bringing computers and other technology into the residence halls.
- Remote Support - during Office Hours, connect with a professional staff member to receive assistance
- Printer Accounting Information - check your printing account balances online
- Self Help Guides - Self Help guides are designed to assist users in getting started with CIT services and supported applications
- ResNet - Student computing in the residence halls
- Student Job Opportunities - view and apply for open student employee positions
- Technology Facilities - computer lab locations and open hours
- Geneseo Gmail