The Milne building at SUNY Geneseo is undergoing significant renovation thanks to funding from the State University of New York’s Capital Program, financed by the State of New York.
Fraser Hall Library is the primary campus library until the Milne renovation project is complete.
Fraser Hall Library is an award-winning, newly renovated library that continues to provide access to books and information, expert support for scholarship, and a welcoming environment where patrons can study, share ideas, and learn. View Fraser Hall Library hours.
Latest Milne Renovation Updates
March 24, 2022
Milne Library is still on track to open during the 2024-25 academic year. We’ve completed Phase One–asbestos abatement–on time, on budget, and on scope. We are now working on the new design.
View the latest renderings (courtesy of JMZ Architects) below. A PowerPoint slideshow of the renderings is available here. The design was based on usage data, as well as feedback from the campus and local community. Library design experts also provided input.
- Large windows with beautiful views of the Genesee Valley
- Increased seating throughout the Library
- Group study rooms
- A brand new events/multipurpose room for campus activities
- A new cafe serving a variety of food and beverages, plus improved traffic flow makes it easier for students to grab meals on the go
- New and improved lighting throughout the building
- New second entrance
The Provost's Office, Facilities and Library teams are leading the Milne project; many more are involved in this collaborative effort.
Please note these are renderings. The furniture and inside decor are shown for placeholders only.