Follow the Library
The Library has moved to our new home in Fraser Hall, located in Fraser 203.
The Library at SUNY Geneseo supports an environment that is accessible to all by addressing, and when possible, facilitating the accessibility of electronic resources, print and physical library resources, physical spaces within the Library, and the web pages and virtual platforms used by members of the College community to access and use library services and resources.
- ● Please view our Library Accessibility Options for Support page for a list of support options, resources, and additional information.
Borrowing Items from the Library
Developing Collections to Support Teaching and ResearchThe Library aims to build collections that support teaching and research at the College. The collection development policy is a guiding document that ensures consistency in collection building, facilitates thoughtful decision-making, and communicates the scope of library collection and the strategies employed by the Library in curating and developing its main circulating collection, as well as the College Archives and Special Collections, and Teacher Education Resource Center collection.
Download the Library Collection Development PDF
Areas of particular note:
- ● Selection Guidelines (Page 3)
- ● Deselection Guidelines (Page 5)
- ● Requests for Access to New Resources (Page 6)
- ● Gifts Policy for the Main Collection (Page 9) and Special Collections (Page 15)
Please contact Alana Nuth, Head of Collection Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.