Follow the Library
- Visitor Policy
- Borrowing Items from the Library
- Collection Development
Developing Collections to Support Teaching and Research
The Library aims to build collections that support teaching and research at the College. The collection development policy is a guiding document that ensures consistency in collection building, facilitates thoughtful decision-making, and communicates the scope of library collection and the strategies employed by the Library in curating and developing its main circulating collection, as well as the College Archives and Special Collections, and Teacher Education Resource Center collection.
Areas of the policy of particular note:
- Selection Guidelines (Page 3)
- Deselection Guidelines (Page 5)
- Requests for Access to New Resources (Page 6)
- Gifts Policy for the Main Collection (Page 9) and Special Collections (Page 15)
Please contact Alana Nuth, Head of Collection Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.