- B.Sc., 1980, Yale University
- M.Sc., 1981, Yale University
- Ph.D., 1985, Yale University
• Computer Graphics and Scientific Visualization
• Director of the IViPP visualization project
• Programming Languages and Methods
• Computer Science Education & Curriculum
• Co-chair of the SIGCSE Committee on the Implementation of a Discrete Mathematics Course
• Co-organizer of a Working Group on Integrating Mathematical Reasoning into Computer Science Curricula
Teaching Interests and Experience
• Computer Graphics, Design and Analysis of Algorithms,
Theory of Computation, Theory of Programming Languages, CS0,
Software Engineering, CS1, Networking, Compiler Design
• Critical Writing (I co-coordinate INTD 105, Geneseo’s first-year writing seminar)
Publications and Professional Activities
- Baldwin, D. “Is Computer Science a Relevant Academic Discipline for the 21st Century?” Computer, Dec. 2011, pp. 81–83.
- Baldwin, D., A. Brady, A. Danyluk, J. Adams, and A. Lawrence. “Case Studies of Liberal Arts Computer Science Programs” ACM Transactions on Computing Education, Mar. 2010.
- Baldwin, D. “Surface Reconstruction from Constructive Solid Geometry for Interactive Visualization,” Third International Symposium on Visual Computing (Springer: Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4841), Nov. 2007, pp. 321–330.
- Marion, B. and D. Baldwin. “SIGCSE Committee Report on the Implementation of a Discrete Mathematics Course,” SIGCSE inroads, June 2007, pp. 109 - 126.
- Baldwin, D. "Effectiveness of a Language Implementation Project in Building Appreciation for Formal Specification," Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges Northeastern Conference, April 2007, pp. 173 - 183.
- Baldwin, D., and G. Scragg. Algorithms and Data Structures: The Science of Computing. Charles River Media, 2004.
- Baldwin, D. "Architecture of the IViPP Particle Visualization Program," Technical report available at http://cs.geneseo.edu/~baldwin/ivipp/ivipparch.html, June 2004.
- Baldwin, D. and P. Henderson. "The Importance of Mathematics to the Software Practitioner." IEEE Software, Mar-Apr 2002, pp. 112, 110, 111.