Students who wish to study at SUNY Geneseo on exchange must:
- Be in good academic standing at their home campus
- Be nominated for exchange by their home campus
- Show evidence of access, by way or bank statement, scholarship assurance, or loans to finances equal to or exceeding the total amount indicated on the Tuition and Fees page.
- Show evidence of competence of English language, if English is not their first language. Competence can be shown in the form of one of the following exams:
- TOEFL (minmum accepted score of 550)
- COMP (minimum accepted score of 213)
- IBT (minimum accepted score of 79-80)
- IELTS (minimum accepted score of 6.5)
- We also accept the European Common Framework of Reference for Language test and are willing to evaluate alternate tests.
How to Apply
- STEP 1: Apply to your home campus International Office to be nominated as an exchange student at SUNY Geneseo College.
- STEP 2: Your home campus must send your nomination for exchange to SUNY Geneseo. Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- March 1 for Fall (August-December) semester arrival
- October 1 for Spring (January-May) semester arrival
- Nominations for each student must include the following:
- Student Name
- Permanent Home Address
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Intended Program of Study (Major)
- STEP 3: After your nomination has been received by Geneseo, the Study Abroad Office at SUNY Geneseo will contact you directly by email to begin your online application. You must complete all fields of the online application and upload all supporting documents by:
- March 25 for Fall (August-December) semester arrival
- October 25 for Spring (January-May) semester arrival
- If you have any questions about the online application, please contact the Study Abroad Office staff at email@example.com.