Student Health and Counseling
Welcome students! Much is new and different this semester; please take a few moments to review the important information contained on these pages. Use the page menu to navigate to our specific practice areas.
No Walk-In Appointments Fall 2021
- Spring 2022 COVID Vaccine Deadline of Last Immunization is January 12, 2022.
All Spring 2022 SUNY Geneseo students are required to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 no later than January 12, 2022, to attend classes in person and participate in on-campus activities in the Spring, according to a SUNY mandate.
*To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must satisfy all three of these requirements no later than January 12, 2022:
- You must have received all required doses of a World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- At least two weeks need to have passed since your final shot BEFORE arriving on campus. No later than January 12, 2022.
- You must have submitted proof of vaccination to your SUNY Geneseo health portal at https://myhealth.geneseo.edu under Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information.
- COVID Vaccine Exemptions
Students who are granted an exemption from the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine requirement are subject to special obligations to enable them to remain on-campus.
Exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are allowed for students who are:
- SUNY Geneseo COVID Remote exemption
- SUNY Geneseo COVID Medical exemption
- SUNY Geneseo COVID Religious exemption
Your exemption MUST be granted BEFORE arrival.
Urgent Care Location 9:00am - 8:30pm
After hours/urgent care, Noyes Health Services in Geneseo is open daily 9 am - 8:30 pm; they are located at 50 E. South St and can be reached by phone at 585-243-9595.
PCR Testing Locations
Mental Health Services - Fall/Winter
Currently all initial triage and intake appointments are via teletherapy (Zoom); in-person appointments may be available following the initial screening.
To request a Counseling Services appointment, students must use the student health portal myhealth.geneseo.edu.
NOTE: Appointment request forms will not be checked when our office is closed, including Thanksgiving break (11/24 at noon through 11/28) and the winter holiday break (12/24 through 1/2/2022). For assistance prior to the start of classes in January 2022, call the office directly at 585-245-5716.
For more details about the services we provide, review the Counseling Services Our Services page.
Our Coping with College page offers online mental health options, pandemic-related assistance, mind-body coping resources, wellness activities, and resources specific to BIPOC and LGBTQ populations.
For more immediate assistance, text "GOT5" to 741-741 for Crisis Text Line (or call 1-800-273-TALK), or use the NY State Office of Mental Health COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline 1-844-863-9314 (8 am-10 pm, 7 days/week).
Mental Health Resources - SUNY
Visit SUNY Mental Health (Mental Health is Health) for additional details on the resources listed below.
- Crisis Text Line - a 24/7 service
TEXT GOT5U or any message to 741-741
- Peer-to-Peer Assistance Hotline - a secure student-staffed hotline via SUNY Albany's Middle Earth program; hours of operation (when UAlbany classes are in session only) are Mondays-Thursdays, 1 pm - midnight; Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 24 hours (from 1:00 pm Friday afternoons through 11:59 pm Sunday nights)
CALL 518-442-5777 or EMAIL email@example.com
- QPR Training (Question, Persuade, Refer) - a 1-hour training modeled on CPR, designed to recognize a suicide crisis and connect someone to appropriate care
TRAIN for free using SUNY as the organization code, www.qprtraining.com/setup.php
- Crisis Text Line - a 24/7 service
Text Alert Reminders for Appointments
You will need to "opt-in" to text alert reminders. You MUST know your phone carrier. For specific instructions, go to our Using the My Health Portal page.
Student Health Portal
As a SUNY Geneseo student, you automatically have access to a student health portal, myhealth.geneseo.edu. This portal provides a gateway to many features and services, such as scheduling appointments and secure messaging staff members. For more information, review our Using the My Health Portal page.
Virtual Tours of Our Health Centers
Prescription Delivery from Wegmans
Wegmans in Geneseo delivers prescriptions to the main Lauderdale Health Center building Monday-Friday during our business hours. New prescriptions must be received by 2 pm in order to be delivered that same day. To initiate this service, you must first complete this paperwork and turn it into Wegmans or Lauderdale. Note that these forms will authorize Wegmans to keep your credit card on file.
Other things to know:
- You must opt-out of automatic refills; instead, inform Wegmans to deliver to Lauderdale when you call for a refill.
- You may get a text from Wegmans that alerts you that your prescription is ready; that does not mean it has arrived at Lauderdale.
- Wegmans usually delivers prescriptions to Lauderdale weekdays between 3 and 3:30 pm.
Sexual Health Needs
Sexual/reproductive health services are offered through the Center for Sexual Health and Wellness, a service provided through Livingston County Health.
PrEP at Geneseo
PrEP at Geneseo is a service offered by Trillium Health. PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) is a once-a-day single blue pill that prevents HIV infection. Prep will be offering remote (telehealth) services for the Fall 2020 semester.
Enjoy this brief video from Columbia University - it's important for everyone who is eligible to get the covid vaccine!
Certified Medical Home
The Department of Student Health and Counseling at SUNY Geneseo has received Accreditation as a MEDICAL HOME. A MEDICAL HOME is student-centered, comprehensive, team-based, accessible, and quality-focused. Allow us to be part of your health care team. We need your detailed health history, recent physical exam, and immunization records in order to coordinate with your health care providers to offer you the best medical care.
Student Health and Counseling, your "Medical Home Away From Home"
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:15 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
*CLOSED Fridays 9-10
Not open nights, weekends or Holidays
Noyes Health Services
Open daily 9 am - 9 pm
(last patient at 8:30 pm)
- Lauderdale Health Services
- Counseling Services/AOD Program
- South Village Health Center, Onondaga North
- Campus Community Resource Nurse (CCRN)
- Health Promotion
$25.00 fee for missed/late appointments
CANCEL at least 2 hours ahead of time by phone or via myhealth.geneseo.edu