Student Health and Counseling
Welcome students! Much is new and different this semester; please take a few moments to review the important information contained on these pages. Use the page menu to navigate to our specific practice areas, which include Health Services, Counseling Services, Alcohol, and Other Drug (AOD) Program, Health Promotion, and Sexual Health.
- No Walk-In Appointments Fall 2021
At this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments. Please go to your health portal and make an appointment.
- Urgent Care
After hours/urgent care, Noyes Health Services in Geneseo is open daily 9 am - 8:30 pm; they are located at 50 E. South St and can be reached by phone at 585-243-9595.
- PCR Testing Locations
Off-site PCR testing locations
Noyes Urgent Care Geneseo 585-243-9595
Rite Aid Batavia 585-343-5662
Sinclair Warsaw 585-786-2330
Wyoming Urgent Care Warsaw 585-322-6422
Well Now Batavia 585-201-5598
Rochester Regional Health Batavia 585-815-6715
Rochester Regional Health Henrietta 585-444-0058
U of R Urgent Care Henrietta 585-413-1800
Quinlan's Wayland 585-728-9120
CVS Henrietta 585-321-2581
- Already Vaccinated?
SUNY requires all in-person students to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you are vaccinated and have not submitted proof to Health and Counseling, please do so as soon as possible. If you fail to submit your vaccine card info you’ll be considered unvaccinated.
Log in to the SUNY Health Portal with your Geneseo User ID and Password Confirm your identity by entering your birthday and clicking “Proceed”
Thank you for keeping yourself and your Geneseo community safe.
- Navigate to the “I would like to…” section and click on “Enter My COVID-19 Vaccine Information”
- Click on the green “Upload” button to locate and select the file to upload and click open
- You only need to upload the side of the card that has both completed vaccines.
- If you have a vaccine on either side of the vaccine card, that is acceptable too.
- Review the document is legible and click the green “Looks Good” at the bottom of the page
- Entering the COVID Vaccine Information:
- Scroll down to enter the first date and Vaccine type for and the second date and vaccine type if you received the Moderna or Pfizer
- Enter the single date if you received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Mental Health Services - Fall 2021
At this time, all initial triage and intake appointments will be performed via teletherapy (Zoom); in-person appointments may be available following the initial screening.
Students can use the student health portal myhealth.geneseo.edu to request a Counseling Services appointment; we will begin scheduling appointments as of the first week of classes on 8/30/21.
For more details about the services we provide, review the Counseling Services Our Services page.
Our Coping with College page offers online mental health options, pandemic-related assistance, mind-body coping resources, wellness activities, and resources specific to BIPOC and LGBTQ populations.
For more immediate assistance, text "GOT5" to 741-741 for Crisis Text Line (or call 1-800-273-TALK), or use the NY State Office of Mental Health COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline 1-844-863-9314 (8 am-10 pm, 7 days/week).
- Text Alert Reminders for Appointments
You will need to "opt-in" to text alert reminders. You must know your phone carrier. For specific instructions, go to our Using the My Health Portal page.
- Student Health Portal
As a SUNY Geneseo student, you automatically have access to a student health portal, myhealth.geneseo.edu. This portal provides a gateway to many features and services, such as scheduling appointments and secure messaging staff members. For more information, review our Using the My Health Portal page.
- Virtual Tours of Our Health Centers
- Prescription Delivery from Wegmans
Wegmans in Geneseo delivers prescriptions to the main Lauderdale Health Center building Monday-Friday during our business hours. New prescriptions must be received by 2 pm in order to be delivered that same day. To initiate this service, you must first complete this paperwork and turn it into Wegmans or Lauderdale. Note that these forms will authorize Wegmans to keep your credit card on file.
Other things to know:
- You must opt-out of automatic refills; instead, inform Wegmans to deliver to Lauderdale when you call for a refill.
- You may get a text from Wegmans that alerts you that your prescription is ready; that does not mean it has arrived at Lauderdale.
- Wegmans usually delivers prescriptions to Lauderdale weekdays between 3 and 3:30 pm.
- Sexual Health Needs
Sexual/reproductive health services are offered through the Center for Sexual Health and Wellness, a service provided through Livingston County Health.
- PrEP at Geneseo
PrEP at Geneseo is a service offered by Trillium Health. PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) is a once-a-day single blue pill that prevents HIV infection. Prep will be offering remote (telehealth) services for the Fall 2020 semester.
Enjoy this brief video from Columbia University - it's important for everyone who is eligible to get the covid vaccine!
Certified Medical Home
The Department of Student Health and Counseling at SUNY Geneseo has received Accreditation as a MEDICAL HOME. A MEDICAL HOME is student-centered, comprehensive, team-based, accessible, and quality-focused. Allow us to be part of your health care team. We need your detailed health history, recent physical exam, and immunization records in order to coordinate with your health care providers to offer you the best medical care.
Student Health and Counseling, your "Medical Home Away From Home"
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:15 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
*CLOSED Fridays 9-10
Not open nights, weekends or Holidays
Noyes Health Services
Open daily 9 am - 9 pm
(last patient at 8:30 pm)
- Lauderdale Health Services
- Counseling Services/AOD Program
- South Village Health Center, Onondaga North
- Campus Community Resource Nurse (CCRN)
- Health Promotion
$25.00 fee for missed/late appointments
CANCEL at least 2 hours ahead of time by phone or via myhealth.geneseo.edu