Student Health and Counseling
Health and Counseling
ALL SUNY Geneseo health requirements for Spring 2023 are due on your health portal before arriving on campus but no later than January 19, 2023.
Spring 2023 Health Requirements & Deadline
SUNY Geneseo health requirements are due in your health portal before arriving on campus but no later than January 19, 2023, for the Spring 2023 semester.
When We are Closed
Call us at 585-245-5736 or 585-245-5716. Wait until the end of the recording to be transferred to a triage line where the student will be contacted by a nurse.
Go to our Urgent, Hospital, Crisis, and Emergency Resources pages for resources when our office is closed.
Services During Intersession and Summer Session
- Students registered for classes during the intersession or summer sessions are billed the student health fee within their tuition.
- Students required to remain on campus by Residence Life, Athletics, Orientation, Theatre, or International Students will not be assessed the health fee.
- Students who are NOT registered for classes, or required to be on campus, but would like to utilize Health and Counseling services will be billed a small Intersession or Summer Health fee.
- This one-time fee will be billed directly to their student account upon arrival to their first in-person or zoom appointment with health or counseling.
- Established Psychiatrist patients requesting a prescribed medication refill, will not be charged the interim fee.
- Should the refill request require the student to partake in a zoom visit with our Psychiatrist, the fee will be assessed and billed to their student account
This fee is valid through the entire Intersession or Summer Session.
Navigating your Geneseo Health Portal
Visit our Using My Health Portal page for detailed navigation instructions.
Students are able to access many features and services through their student health portal, My Health. My Health includes links for scheduling appointments, canceling appointments, completing required forms, enabling text message reminders, sending and receiving secure messages, verifying your visits, and more!
Wegmans in Geneseo delivers prescriptions to the main Lauderdale Health Center building Monday-Friday during our business hours. New prescriptions must be received by 2 pm in order to be delivered that same day. To initiate this service, you must first complete this paperwork and turn it into Wegmans or Lauderdale. Note that these forms will authorize Wegmans to keep your credit card on file.
Other things to know:
- You must opt out of automatic refills; instead, inform Wegmans to deliver to Lauderdale when you call for a refill.
- You may get a text from Wegmans that alerts you that your prescription is ready, but that does not mean it has arrived at Lauderdale.
- Wegmans usually delivers prescriptions to Lauderdale on weekdays between 3 and 3:30 pm.
- You must sign up each semester.
If you need help paying for your medication, review this information on drug assistance programs.
Counseling Services provides a MH Quick Resource page that links to a wellbeing resource both on- and off-campus.
A few highlights:
- Weekly drop-in yoga classes are available on Fridays, 12:30-1:30 pm in the Schrader Dance Studio (above UPD). Dr. Beth Cholette facilitates these classes and provides mindfulness and yoga resources on her page.
- Weekly drop-in support groups are available for LGBTQ Support, those impacted by someone else's substance use, and SMART Recovery. Visit our Support Groups page for more information.
- Counseling provides 2- and 3-session skills groups. These workshop-like programs are available to all students after an initial screening. Visit our Skills Groups page for details.
A MEDICAL HOME is student-centered, comprehensive, team-based, accessible, and quality-focused. Allow us to be part of your health care team. Student Health and Counseling, your Medical Home Away From Home.
Lauderdale Building Hours*
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed daily 12-1 pm
Closed Fridays 9-10 am
*Onondaga Health Center: CLOSED Fall 2022
Lauderdale Health Center
1 College Circle
Geneseo, NY 14454