Health and Counseling
Spring 2023 Health Requirements & Deadline
SUNY Geneseo health requirements are due in your health portal before arriving on campus but no later than January 19, 2023, for the Spring 2023 semester.
When we are closed
Call us, 585-245-5736 or 585-245-5716. Wait until the end of the recording to transferred to a triage nurse line.
Go to our Urgent, Hospital, Crisis, and Emergency Resources page for resources when our office is closed.
Navigating your Geneseo Health Portal
Visit our Using My Health Portal page for detailed navigation instructions.
Students are able to access many features and services through their student health portal, My Health. My Health includes links for scheduling appointments, canceling appointments, completing required forms, enabling text message reminders, sending and receiving secure messages, verifying your visits, and more!
Medical Home Designation
Accredited Medical Home
The Department of Student Health and Counseling at SUNY Geneseo has received Accreditation as a MEDICAL HOME.
A MEDICAL HOME is student-centered, comprehensive, team-based, accessible, and quality-focused. Allow us to be part of your health care team. We need your detailed health history, recent physical exam, and immunization records in order to coordinate with your health care providers to offer you the best medical care.
Student Health and Counseling, your "Medical Home Away From Home".
Wegmans in Geneseo delivers prescriptions to the main Lauderdale Health Center building Monday-Friday during our business hours. New prescriptions must be received by 2 pm in order to be delivered that same day. To initiate this service, you must first complete this paperwork and turn it in to Wegmans or Lauderdale. Note that these forms will authorize Wegmans to keep your credit card on file.
Other things to know:
- You must opt out of automatic refills; instead, inform Wegmans to deliver to Lauderdale when you call for a refill.
- You may get a text from Wegmans that alerts you that your prescription is ready, but that does not mean it has arrived at Lauderdale.
- Wegmans usually delivers prescriptions to Lauderdale on weekdays between 3 and 3:30 pm.
- You must sign up each semester.
If you need help paying for your medication, review this information on drug assistance programs.
Counseling Services provides a MH Quick Resource page that links to a wellbeing resource both on- and off-campus.
A few highlights:
- Weekly drop-in yoga classes are available on Fridays, 12:30-1:30 pm in the Schrader Dance Studio (above UPD). Dr. Beth Cholette facilitates these classes and provides mindfulness and yoga resources on her page.
- Weekly drop-in support groups are available for LGBTQ Support, those impacted by someone else's substance use, and SMART Recovery. Visit our Support Groups page for more information.
- Counseling provides 2- and 3-session skills groups. These workshop-like programs are available to all students after an initial screening. Visit our Skills Groups page for details.
Lauderdale Building Hours*
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed daily 12-1 pm
Closed Fridays 9-10 am
*Onondaga Health Center: CLOSED Fall 2022
Lauderdale Health Center
1 College Circle
Geneseo, NY 14454