- In order to graduate, all students must:
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours
- Attain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at Geneseo
- Complete Geneseo's Common Core with passing grades in all courses
- Complete all requirements of the chosen academic major(s) as set forth by the major department(s) and the Undergraduate College Bulletin
- Complete appropriate electives (including minors, second majors, certification programs, and free electives) as set forth by academic departments and the Undergraduate College Bulletin
- Complete other academic requirements outlined on the student’s WebCAPP report and in the Undergraduate Bulletin.
The student who has completed at least 70 credits is expected to complete a pre-graduation audit with her or his academic advisor. This audit insures that a student understands precisely what graduation requirements remain to be fulfilled. The student’s WebCAPP record is the basis for this audit. Students and advisors can access this form any time using KnightWeb to confirm the record of student progress toward the degree—and we encourage students to keep a close check on their CAPP reports. When the department completes the official pre-graduation form, signed by student, advisor, and department chair, it is filed in the Records Office, Erwin 102. Students bear the responsibility for tracking their progress toward graduation and for fulfilling all requirements.
Applying For Graduation
Candidates for degrees must apply for graduation by completing a Graduation Application form in the Office of the Registrar in Erwin 102, by deadlines posted on the Academic Calendar. Students qualify for participation in May commencement if they have completed their degree requirements (with the exception of student teaching) in December of the previous calendar year, or will complete them in May or August of the current year. Failure to complete a Graduation Application form by posted deadlines may delay their graduation.
Kathy Gibson-Moore, Graduate Records Officer, Erwin 106, ext. 5543