It is the policy of the State University of New York to comply with legal requirements of Article 129A of New York State Educational Law 6431. Accordingly, the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York has adopted written rules requiring campuses to establish campus safety advisory committees. These committees will provide advice and written reports on issues relating to personal safety on the campus as well as perform additional requirements 20USC1092(f), also known as the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
Charges of the SUNY Geneseo Campus Personal Safety Committee, 2014 - 2015:
1. Conduct an audit of the location, use, and effectiveness of all surveillance cameras used for the recording and monitoring of public areas for non-instructional purposes and disseminating the results of that audit to the College community;
2. Coordinate the annual Campus Safety Walk and prepare a report on the walk;
3. Monitor how construction conditions on campus are impacting campus safety, and communicate concerns to Facilities Services as warranted;
4. Investigate if there are any student safety concerns related to the College's 24-hour computer labs; and
5. Conduct a statistical analysis of the frequency of criminal activity in Fraser, South, and Welles Hall (including Wadsworth Auditorium) given their interconnectivity.