Theatre and Dance Scholarships
*Scholarships and awards are listed in ascending order of class (freshmen through graduating seniors)*
General scholarships Information
- School of the Arts
Merit Scholarships are awarded independent of financial need.
- They are granted to both prospective and
continuing students who demonstrate exceptional talent, artistic and
academic achievement, and potential for growth.
- Merit Scholarships may be renewed depending on the
specifications of each scholarship.
scholarships are credited toward tuition.
- Performing Arts Awards, separate from scholarships, are also
granted independent of financial need.
are paid directly to graduating students chosen on the basis of
exceptional talent and demonstrated achievement at Geneseo.
- All prospective students who, following an audition/interview
taken prior to March 1, are admitted to the School of the Arts and meet
the qualifications for any of the scholarships listed will automatically
- Prospective students
who are offered a scholarship will be notified shortly after April 1 and
must accept their awards and admission to the college no later than May
- Continuing students will be
notified of their awards shortly after May 1.
- Audition/interview requirements for scholarships, which may be
described below, are explained in detail in a brochure Interviews and
Auditions at Geneseo. For further information, or to schedule an
audition, write to:
School of the Arts
1 College Circle
(585) 245-5824 any business day during the hours 8:30 to 12 noon, or
Theatre Scholarships and Awards
Community Players Scholarship in Theatre
annually variable amount to an entering or continuing Theatre Major
- Hubert and Gertrude Chanler Endowed Scholarships in Theatre
- $500- $1000. scholarships to Theatre Majors with exceptional
achievement in theatre arts
Hart Kneller '30 Endowed Scholarship in Theatre
- $2000. to a junior or senior with exceptional talent in theatre
arts and high academic achievement
- John Delelys Memorial Award in Theatre
- $400. to a graduating senior for outstanding contributions to
- Geneseo Community
Players Richard Story Award in Theatre
to a graduating senior for excellence in design and technical theatre
- Geneseo Community Players Robert Sinclair Award in Theatre
- $250. to a graduating senior for excellence in acting or
directing for student productions
Dance Scholarships and Awards
- Hubert and
Gertrude Chanler Endowed Scholarship in Dance
- $500. to a freshman Dance Minor
- Nona Schurman Scholarship in Dance
to a Dance Minor talented in dance composition
- Bertha V. Lederer Endowed Scholarship in Dance
- $500. to a junior or senior Dance Minor
- Sue Ann Queen Kreuter Award in Dance
- $100. to a junior or senior for outstanding achievement in