Theatre and Dance Student Organizations
- Group meetings
and auditions are publicized on campus.
representatives to Department of Theatre and Dance faculty committees are elected
annually from student organizations. Cothurnus represents Theatre majors and minors whereas Orchesis represents Dance minors.
Theatre Student Organizations
Alpha Psi OmegaNational
Theatre Honor Society
- Revived in 2000 after an almost fifteen year hiatus, the Zeta
Nu chapter of Alpha Psi Omega is active again.
- At least two
semesters of service in theatre, musical theatre, or dance
- A minimum GPA of 3.2
- A declared
major or minor in theatre, musical theatre, or dance
- Submit applications to pledge in the fall or spring semester.
- All those fulfilling the chapter's requirements for membership
will be invited to pledge.
- An initiation
ceremony is held at the end of the semester.
Cothurnus student theatre
Advisor: Melanie Blood
- Cothurnus is a co-curricular student theatre organization
that presents opportunities for students to experience all aspects of a
theatrical production and apply knowledge and skills learned in the
- Cothurnus funds two faculty
supervised shows per year and two to four student directed and designed
productions called Vegetable S.O.U.P. (Student Organized Undergraduate
Production) per year.
- These venues are
funded by Mandatory Student Fees.
- Alternative Cooperative Theatre (A.C.T. I's) are weekly
workshop opportunities open to any student.
- Meetings of Cothurnus are Fridays at 3:30 in the Brodie Student
Commons. Anyone interested in theatre arts is encouraged to attend.
- Veg S.O.U.P. meetings are arranged separately.
- ACT I performances immediately follow Cothurnus.
- Officers 2010-2011:
- Vice President: Michelle Geisler
- Secretary: Melyssa Hall
Treasurer: Emily Cirincione
- Cothurnus Web Site
Musical Theatre Club
- Musical Theatre Club falls under the Department of Music. Click here for more information.
Dance Student Organizations
Orchesis student dance group
- Orchesis is Geneseo's
student dance organization.
promotes all styles of dance both on the Geneseo campus and in the
- Orchesis presents
its members with an opportunity to choreograph dances and to perform in
- There are at least two
performances each academic year; one in the fall semester -- Parents'
Weekend, Dessert Reception -- and one in the spring semester -- Beyond
the Studio Mirror.
- Orchesis meets
every Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Brodie Dance Studio, Room 107.
Information/Planning meetings alternate with student directed dance
classes. Everyone is welcome!
- Officers for
- Sr. Co-President: Brittany
- Sr. Co-President: Samantha Locke
- Historian: Kelly