Alumni Travel Program
Summer 2017: Theatre in the UK
See England as only Geneseo can present it!
Geneseo professors Tom Greenfield and Melanie Blood will take you to London and beyond. Enjoy London's historic West End theatre district on both sides of the curtain. Follow Shakespeare from London's Globe Theatre up the river (two of them) to Stratford-upon-Avon. We'll meet current Geneseo students in New College, Oxford, the first residential college in the English-speaking world. And we'll shop Harrods, craft carts, and mysterious hidden markets 'til you drop like the pound after Brexit.
Dates: July 17 - 27, 2017
- Monday, July 17: Depart USA. Participants will make their own flight arrangements.
- Tuesday, July 18: Arrive in London and transport to hotel. Welcome Dinner.
- Wednesday, July 19 - Friday, July 21: Two London plays. Group tour of Globe Theatre. Covent Garden day.
- Saturday, July 22 - Sunday, July 23: Weekend excursion to Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon. Plays, historical tour of Oxford, site seeing in Stratford, group meal with Geneseo students studying Humanities in Oxford.
- Monday, July 24: Free day in London! Program staff will provide optional guided trips to some classic London shopping spots.
- Tuesday, July 25: Royal National Theatre tour and play.
- Wednesday, July 26: Free time for shopping, then farewell banquet and final play.
- Thursday, July 27: Return to the USA. Participants will make their own flight arrangements.
This trip is intended for alumni of SUNY Geneseo and their guests, as well as faculty, staff, and friends of the College and their guests.
If you would like to put your name on an interest list, please email Michelle Worden '92, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com.
Spouses are welcome and do not have to be Geneseo alumni. Undergraduate Geneseo students who are still matriculated on or after June 1, 2017 may not enroll in the program unless they do so as a guest of a registered alumnus, faculty/staff member or friend of the College.
This trip is nearly all inclusive at a great price!
Cost of the trip depends on what type of sleeping arrangements you would like throughout the trip. The basic cost of $3775 per person includes double occupancy accomodations. If you would like single occupancy accomodations, there is an additional $400 charge ($4175 per person).
- Hotel accommodations (3 or 4 star hotels)
- All breakfasts, plus approximately 9 additional pre-paid lunches or dinners throughout the trip
- Admissions to museums and theatre performances, guided tours, and guest lectures
- Ground transportation between cities (private coach bus), plus London Underground pass while in the city
- Excursions to other cities
Travel arrangements from USA to London are each individual's responsibility and not included in the trip amount above.
A $475 deposit per person will be required at the time of registration to hold your space on the trip. The remaining program cost can be split into two equal payments of $1650 per person (double occupancy) or $1850 per person (single occupancy). Payment dates will be: February 1, 2017, and March 15, 2017. You may also pay for the entire program cost at the time of registration, if you prefer.
Link to register coming soon!