- B.S., Texas Christian University; 1998
- Ph.D., Rice University; 2004
- Assistant Professor:
SUNY Geneseo, 2007-Present
- Visiting Assistant Professor:
University of Rochester, 2004-2007
- Graduate Instructor and Teaching Assistant:
Rice University, 1998-2004
Geometric and Algebraic Topology, including low-dimensional topology, mapping class groups, classical 3-manifold topology, bordism theory, knot theory, and group theory
Honors and Awards:
- SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Univeristy of Rochester Undergraduate Professor of the Year
- Clay Mathematics Institute Liftoff Fellow (2004)
On the Andreadakis-Johnson Filtration of the Automorphism Group of a Free Group, (with F. Cohen and A. Pettet), Journal of Algebra, Volume 329, Issue 1, March 2011, pp. 72-91.
Bordism Invariants of the Mapping Class Group, Topology, Volume 45, Issue 5, September 2006, Pages 851-886.