Alumni Travel Program Summer 2016: Chamber Singers in Italy!
Program Overview and FAQs
Dates: May 26 - June 6, 2016
Cost: $2800 per person, double occupancy. $3200 per person, single occupancy. Includes accommodations, breakfasts, one main meal per day (lunch or dinner, depending on the day's activities), admissions, guided tours, guest lectures, ground transportation between cities (private coach), and excursions.
- Thursday, May 26: Depart USA. Participants will make their own flight arrangements.
- Friday, May 27: Arrive in Rome.
- Saturday, May 28: Concert at the Vatican (tentative) (current student Chamber Singers perform, Alumni Chamber Singers attend).
- Sunday, May 29: Travel to Umbria/Assisi.
- Monday, May 30: Concert in Perugia (current student Chamber Singers perform, Alumni Chamber Singers attend).
- Tuesday, May 31: Travel to Siena in Tuscany, with stops at Montepulciano and Pienza.
- Wednesday, June 1: Concert at Siena Duomo (current student Chamber Singers perform, Alumni Chamber Singers attend).
- Thursday, June 2: Travel to Florence, with stop in San Gimignano.
- Friday, June 3: Free day in Florence.
- Saturday, June 4: Final concert in Florence. Alumni and current student Chamber Singers perform together.
- Sunday, June 5: Final banquet in Florence.
- Monday, June 6: Depart for USA.
How many performances will we have?
Alumni of the Chamber Singers and Geneseo Choral will perform in one concert, alongside the current students in Chamber Singers, in Florence on Saturday, June 4. The joint concert format is similar to Chamber Singers' performances at Summer Reunion. Beyond the joint concert, the Alumni Travel Program will run parallel to the current student Chamber Singers tour, so you can attend concerts by current Geneseo students.
How will we prepare for performances?
Once we have all the participants and details finalized, Dr. Gerard Floriano, Chair of the Music Department, will send music and materials to Alumni participants to practice with and look over. A series of rehearsals will be held the morning of the concert, similar to the format of Alumni Reunions on campus.
What should I wear for the concert?
For the final concert, Alumni Chamber Singers should wear concert-appropriate attire (ie. whatever you might wear to concert). Evening formal-wear is not required.
I wasn't ever in Chamber Singers... can I go and will I have to sing?
Yes, you can go, and no, you don't have to sing! We will enjoy having you as an enthusiastic member of the audience at Chamber Singers' performances.
Where do I sign up?
The registration link will be available soon! If you would like to put your name on an interest list, please email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are spouses and children welcome, and will they have to perform?
Yes, spouses are welcome and will not have to perform in the concert. Children are welcome, however, please note that many of the activities on the program will appeal more adults and young adults (museum visits, wine tastings, etc.).