FAQs for Students
- How are the SCE data used?
There are three main uses of the SCE results at Geneseo:
Instructors use the feedback to improve their courses. Results from the SCE surveys are included in faculty portfolios used in renewal, tenure and promotion decisions. Students have access to the results to assist in making instructor and course decisions.
- How do I access the SCE survey?
In a web browser, visit MyGeneseo. Select KnightWeb, Surveys, then SCE (formerly SOFI) Surveys.
Submit evaluations for each course listed.
- How long do I have to complete the SCEs?
The SCEs are available during the last two weeks of class for full term courses. See the SCE survey schedule.
- How do I see SCE results for courses or instructors?
In a web browser, visit MyGeneseo. Select KnightWeb, Surveys, then SCE (formerly SOFI) Reports. Select the term from the drop down menu and search by subject or instructor.
- Who can see my comments?
Only the faculty member you are evaluating will be able to see your comments. When faculty are up for review, they include student comments as part of their portfolios.
- When will my instructor be able to see my comments?
The SCE results are released only after faculty have submitted their final grades for the semester.
- I accidentally filled out the wrong information for my instructor; can this be changed?
Unfortunately not. Please review your responses carefully before submitting them to make sure you are evaluating the intended instructor and course.
- Why can't the evaluation period be extended until finals are over?
The College desires the SCEs to be grade neutral. We do not want the grade you receive to influence your opinion of the course experience and we do not want the instructor to have the SCE results they received to influence grading.