SUNY Geneseo Mission, Vision and Values
Dedicated to learning, SUNY Geneseo is a residential public liberal arts college with selected professional and graduate programs. We combine a rigorous curriculum, transformational learning experiences, and a rich co-curricular life to create a dynamic and inclusive scholarly environment. The entire College community works together to advance knowledge and inspire students to be socially responsible and globally aware citizens who are prepared for an enriched life and success in the world.
Geneseo will be recognized widely for demonstrating the enduring power of a public liberal arts education.
The Geneseo campus community is guided by our beliefs in and commitments to the following values:
- Learning: embracing high expectations for intellectual inquiry, scholarly achievement, and personal growth
- Creativity: affirming a spirit of innovation that inspires intellectual curiosity and problem-solving
- Inclusivity: fostering a diverse campus community marked by mutual respect for the unique talents and contributions of each individual
- Civic responsibility: promoting ethical local and global citizenship
- Sustainability — advancing just principles of ecological, social, and economic stewardship