We are a distinctive public liberal arts college that welcomes and inspires students to develop their knowledge and skills to build a better world. Our supportive, inclusive community is exceptional in cultivating creativity, engagement, and discovery. We find strength in diversity, joy in growth, and fulfillment in lifelong learning.
Geneseo will be recognized widely for demonstrating the enduring power of a public liberal arts education.
The Geneseo campus community is guided by our beliefs in and commitments to the following values:
- Learning: Embracing high expectations for intellectual inquiry, critical thinking, scholarly exploration, and personal growth.
- Creativity: Empowering a spirit of innovation that inspires intellectual curiosity, self-expression, and problem-solving.
- Belonging: Welcoming a diverse campus community that supports and celebrates different identities, promotes equity and inclusion, and respects the ideas and contributions of each individual.
- Civic Engagement: Encouraging active participation grounded in self-reflection, empathy, and an ethical commitment to the common good of our local and global communities.
- Sustainability: Building a culture of well-being that integrates and applies principles of environmental, social, and economic stewardship informed by an understanding of the past and our obligations to the future.