Academic Accommodation Requests
1. Complete an Academic Accommodation Request Form. If you prefer a hard copy, please click the link at the bottom of this page.
2. Submit appropriate documentation to OAS, which establishes the need for accommodations and relates the current impact of the disability to the requests accommodation. Please refer to our Documentation Guidelines for more information. Students who do not have documentation may still submit a request form and schedule a meeting.
The online request form will prompt you to attach supporting documentation. You may attach your documentation to the form, or submit to the OAS separately. Documentation may be submitted via email, mail, fax, or in-person:
Office of Accessibility Services
1 College Circle, Erwin Hall 22
Geneseo, NY 14454
3. Once your request form has been submitted, we will contact you to schedule an appointment. Please note that all meetings will be conducted via phone or virtually until further notice.
Academic Letters of Accommodation
If a student is approved to receive academic accommodations, the student will be provided a Letter of Accommodation that outlines approved accommodations prior to the start of each semester. Students must then send a copy of your letter of Accommodation to each of their instructors by the beginning of the semester.
- Students will receive a copy of their Letter of Accommodation at the start of each semester. Students are not required to make accommodation requests or submit new documentation every semester, unless they are requesting additional accommodations.
- If you are requesting a change in your accommodation plan, you must make a request with the Office of Accessibility as soon as possible.
- Students are encouraged to speak to their instructors regarding their accommodation needs.
- Should the student or instructor have questions or concerns about a student's accommodation, they are to contact the Office of Accessibility Services directly. It is the responsibility of the instructor to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students who receive accommodations