Heather Hoffman Maldonado ’95, President
“I am excited to serve in a leadership role with the SGAA because I want to give back to my alma mater in a meaningful way. Geneseo provided me with countless opportunities and experiences that broadened my mind and skills—I want to play a part in the college's continued ability to offer those types of moments to future generations of students. Public liberal arts colleges of Geneseo's caliber are rare and special places, and I hope my work with the SGAA will provide me with additional chances to champion Geneseo's excellence.”
- Major: Political Science with Women's Studies (Public Relations and Philosophy minors)
- Employment: Vice President for Student Development, Keuka College, Keuka Park, NY
- Residence: Keuka Park, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Annual Fund Committee Chair; 1995 Class Leadership Chair; 1871 Leadership Society.
Doug Dickman ’89, Vice President
“I am excited to be a part of the SGAA Board because I have really enjoyed my previous engagements with the college, and I want to continue to support the college with the talents I bring. I believe in the mission of Geneseo and want to ensure its continued success for current and future alumni in any way I can."
- Major: Business/Management Information Systems
- Employment: Volunteer, Rochester Museum and Science Center, Foodlink, Lollypop Farm, Meals on Wheels; retired from Eastman Kodak after 25 years of service followed by two years as a small business owner.
- Residence: Brighton, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: 1871 Leadership Society; Geneseo Scholarship Committee; former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board (treasurer and nominations committee); GOLD workshop presenter.
Marissa Lewis ’10, Secretary
"As a member of the SGAA, I am excited to help connect current and future Geneseo alumni in fun and meaningful ways."
- Major: Accounting
- Employment: Manager of Finance and Accounting, Constellation Brands, Inc., Rochester, NY
- Residence: Rochester, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association (audit committee); Parents' Weekend volunteer; Etiquette Dinner volunteer; Life-after-college panel participant.
Cassie Allen ’14, Chair of the Committee on Annual Giving
“I am so excited to be a part of this committee and to lend my time and expertise to Geneseo! Geneseo is a huge part of who I am as a person, and I can only hope that I can give back just as much. It'll be especially interesting to see how Geneseo faces the changing landscape of higher education and I'm glad that I can be a part of the discussion."
- Major: Languages and Literature, Economics
- Employment: Special Assistant to the Chancellor, SUNY, Albany, NY
- Residence: Albany, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Capital District Regional Alumni Chapter Committee member, admissions volunteer, class chair.
Donna Dickinson Breskin ’80, Regional Chapter Member
- Major: Special Education
- Employment: Executive Director, International Union of Toxicology, Reston, VA
- Residence: Vienna, VA
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: DC Regional Alumni Chapter Committee member
Stephanie Brown ’04, Chair of the Committee on Affinity Chapters
“I am excited to be on the SGAA Board, not only as alumnae of The Agonian Sorority but to represent Greek Life as a whole, as well as all alumni from my generation. I believe the college is on the verge of an exciting period of growth and advancement. As alumni, our input during this time will be crucial to the continued success of SUNY Geneseo and I am honored to be a part of it."
- Major: Psychology (Biology minor)
- Employment: Chiropractor at Elevate Chiropractic in Rochester and Chili, NY
- Residence: Chili, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: President of Alpha Kappa Phi, Inc. since 2005; Inducted into SUNY Geneseo Greek Hall of Fame in 2011 - youngest inductee ever.
Brock A. Buffum ’02, Regional Chapter Member
“I am honored to be a part of the SGAA Board and thrilled to be working with such dedicated and passionate alumni who are working together to ensure that all alumni have an opportunity to engage with and be a part of the continued success of our alma mater.”
- Major: History
- Employment: Leadership Gift Officer, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Residence: Ithaca, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: 1871 Leadership Society; SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Vice President; former Co-Chair of the Buffalo Regional Alumni Chapter Committee; Southern Tier Regional Alumni Chapter Committee member; Class of 2002 Communications Chair; past participant of GOLD Networking Workshop, Career Connections Brunch, Alumni Outreach to Admitted Students, and Parents Weekend Alumni Panel; Class of 2002 10th Reunion Committee member.
Ben Conard ’16, Co-Chair of the Committee on Young Alumni & Students
“My Geneseo education and experience continues to have a deep impact on my professional and personal life in so many profound ways. It is at Geneseo where I felt awakened by adventure, strengthened by my identity, and humbled by the journey. Geneseo doesn't owe me a single thing. I am, however, forever and proudly indebted to this institution and community.”
- Major: Business, Minor: German
- Employment: Chief of Staff to the CEO at Fair Trade USA
- Residence: San Francisco, CA
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Mentor for the CBYX student fellowship; campus speaker.
Kate DeForest ’93
“It’s an honor to serve on the SGAA Board working alongside my fellow members as we help advance the college’s mission and priorities. Geneseo gave me so much: life-long friendships, a world-class education, and a career I love. I’m deeply grateful for all of it. If my service and philanthropy can ensure the same opportunities for future generations of Geneseo students, count me in!”
- Major: English
- Employment: Assistant Dean of Development, School of Social Work/Director of School Development, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Residence: Watertown, MA
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Former New England Regional Alumni Chapter Committee Chair, Boston Externship Program: 2003 Co-Chair, 2006 & 2009 Committee member, 2012 Co-Chair, 2015 Chair; Campaign Committee member and New England Campaign Launch Co-Sponsor, 10th Reunion Committee member, 20th Reunion Committee member.
Kris Heeres ’06, Faculty/Staff Alumni Member
“I have a sincere passion for all that SUNY Geneseo provides for its past, present, and future Knights and I am thrilled to have another opportunity to give back to the institution that has given me so much. It is an honor to be part of the SGAA Board and I look forward to having a small part in shaping the future of our college.”
- Major: Childhood Education/Special Education (grades 1-6)
- Employment: Assistant Director, Office of Admissions/Assistant Men's Ice Hockey Coach, SUNY Geneseo
- Residence: Livonia, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Member of New York State Association for College Admissions Counseling (NYSACAC), member of New York State Transfer and Articulation Association (NYSTAA), member of SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Board of Directors, Geneseo Greeter (Weeks of Welcome), MidKnight Breakfast, Pep Band Advisor, Leadership Livingston (County), American Hockey Coaches Association (NCAA).
Maddy Hymowitz ’24, Co-Chair of the Committee on Young Alumni & Students
“I am excited to join the board because I think it’ll be a great opportunity to become more involved in UAA and Geneseo. It will also be a good way to make connections and network. As a member of the UAA Executive Board, I look forward to attending conferences and learning more about other schools’ activities and thinking of new ones for Geneseo.”
- Major: Chemistry; Spanish minor
- Employment: Full-time SUNY Geneseo Student
- Residence: South Beach, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Undergraduate Alumni Association (UAA); Chemistry open house event volunteer.
Michele Miller Krause ’89, Chair of the Committee on Recognition
“I was honored to be asked to be the Chair of the Recognition Committee for the new interim board of the SGAA. I am excited to continue my involvement with SUNY Geneseo as well as to help facilitate the increased involvement of our vast and valuable alumni network.”
- Major: Psychology/Human Development/Spanish
- Employment: School Psychologist, East Syracuse Minoa Central School District
- Residence: Manlius, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Chair of the Committee on Recognition, former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board (awards and scholarship and committees); Career Development Workshop Presenter (school psychology); former member of the Class of 1989 Undergraduate Alumni Association.
Sandra Kupprat '90
“Geneseo was such an important part of my life and gave me the tools to succeed in life. I am excited to give back to my alma mater, a place that gave me lifelong friends and relationships that I treasure. Having worked in corporate, government, higher education, non-profit and research industries since graduating, I hope to support Geneseo students to better utilize their alumni from a career perspective. ”
- Major: Psychology
- Employment: Career Counselor/Psychologist, Baruch College (CUNY) Starr Career Development Center
- Residence: New York City, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association
Dave Miller ’90, Regional Chapter Member
- Major: Sociology
- Employment: Senior Manager, Strategic Services, Deloitte
- Residence: Riverview, FL
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Tampa Regional Alumni Chapter Committee member
Rachel Laber Pulvino '10
- Major: Communication
- Employment: Director of Communications and Public Relations, Visit Rochester
- Residence: Rochester, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Rochester Regional Alumni Chapter Committee member; former Class Leadership Committee member.
Valarie Ann Scott ’82, Chair of the Committee on Regional Chapters
"I am thrilled to be a part of the SGAA as it continues the legacy of strengthening the bonds between the college and alumni. I look forward to helping to grow the connections between alumni and the college as we move into the future and reap the rewards of increased alumni involvement. As the Regional Committee Chair I am excited for fellow alums to see that Geneseo is still a rich part of their lives, no matter when they moved into the world."
- Major: Elementary Education/Fine Arts Concentration
- Employment: Ombudsperson for the City School District of Albany, Retired from Schenectady City Schools after 30 + years
- Residence: Schenectady, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: 1871 Leadership Society; SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Chair of the Committee on Regional Chapters; Capital District Regional Alumni Chapter Committee Chair; Former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board (secretary, scholarship, and education committees); GOLD workshop presenter; active with Phi Lamb; 2017 Excellence in Education Awardee.
Clint Sugnet ’09, Affinity Chapter Member
“Being a part of the SGAA is an exciting privilege. It offers the opportunity to develop and procure relationships and means to continue Geneseo's ability to offer its students with unique and extraordinary experiences in and out of the classroom.”
- Major: Biology
- Employment: Optometrist, Alexander Eye Associates & Lifetime Health Medical Group
- Residence: Rochester, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Former Chair of the SGAA Committee on Affinity Chapters; Rochester Regional Alumni Chapter Committee member; student shadow program host; 2009 Class Leadership Chair to the Alumni Council.
Anne Irwin Tillinghast '96, Foundation Board Representative
“Considering the significant role the SGAA plays connecting our extraordinary students and alumni to each other and back to the College, I'm incredibly enthusiastic to be part of this marvelous group of Geneseo alumni and leaders. The College was and continues to be an invaluable springboard into a life of learning, critical inquiry, and service. Attending Geneseo will always be a guiding touchstone in my life, and I'm proud to serve the College now through the SGAA and the Geneseo Foundation Board."
- Major: Anthropology; Dance minor
- Employment: Former Assistant Director of Athletics & Recreation at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)
- Residence: Baltimore, MD
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Geneseo Foundation Board of Directors; MacVittie Legacy Society; 1871 Leadership Society; Baltimore regional volunteer
Rahamatu Wright ’02
- Major: Political Science & International Relations
- Employment: Executive Director, Founder & CEO, Shea Yeleen International, Inc.
- Residence: Washington, DC
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association