Denise Reed Lamoreaux ’84 P’11, President
“I am excited to be part of the SGAA because it's an opportunity to shape the future of our college and provide multiple opportunities for our alumni to lean forward, stand up, reach back, and partner with the SGAA for success.”
- Major: English/Education
- Employment: Director of Diversity North American Operations, Atos Corporation, Rochester, NY
- Residence: North Chili, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: 1871 Society; former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board: Awards, Scholarship and Education Committees; Alumni Career Partner; Career Development Workshop Presenter: Speed Networking, Resume Development, Mock Interviews, GOLD Workshop Presenter, Parents Weekend 2009 Presenter: Preparing your student for "the real world" and TEDx 2016 Presenter.
Heather Hoffman Maldonado ’95, Vice President
“I am excited to serve in a leadership role with the SGAA because I want to give back to my alma mater in a meaningful way. Geneseo provided me with countless opportunities and experiences that broadened my mind and skills—I want to play a part in the college's continued ability to offer those types of moments to future generations of students. Public liberal arts colleges of Geneseo's caliber are rare and special places, and I hope my work with the SGAA will provide me with additional chances to champion Geneseo's excellence.”
- Major: Political Science with Women's Studies (Public Relations and Philosophy minors)
- Employment: Assistant Provost for Academic Success, SUNY Buffalo State, Buffalo, NY
- Residence: Williamsville, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Annual Fund Committee Chair; 1995 Class Leadership Chair; 1871 Leadership Society.
John Etu ’12, Secretary
“I am thrilled to be a part of the SGAA Board. There is little that gives me greater joy and fulfillment than to be able to serve the college and advance its goals, principles, and mission. Being able to help the college provide the incredible opportunities and experiences that define both the Geneseo student and alumnus has been rewarding, and I am looking forward to continuing this important work in my new role."
- Major: Chemistry
- Employment: Chemistry/Physics Teacher at Whitehall Central School, Whitehall, NY
- Residence: Hudson Falls, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Affinity Committee of the SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association; 1871 Society; former member of the Class Leadership Committee (Class of 2012); participant in the chemistry/biochemistry alumni networking events; former member of the Alumni Council.
Cassie Allen ’14, Chair of the Committee on Annual Giving
“I am so excited to be a part of this committee and to lend my time and expertise to Geneseo! Geneseo is a huge part of who I am as a person, and I can only hope that I can give back just as much. It'll be especially interesting to see how Geneseo faces the changing landscape of higher education and I'm glad that I can be a part of the discussion."
- Major: Languages and Literature, Economics
- Employment: Associate Director of the Fund, SUNY Empire State College, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Residence: Albany, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Capital District Regional Alumni Committee member, admissions volunteer, class chair.
Donna Dickinson Breskin ’80, Regional Chapter Member
- Major: Special Education
- Employment: Executive Director, International Union of Toxicology, Reston, VA
- Residence: Vienna, VA
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: DC Regional Alumni Committee member
Stephanie Brown ’04, Affinity Chapter Member
“I am excited to be on the SGAA Board, not only as alumnae of The Agonian Sorority but to represent Greek Life as a whole, as well as all alumni from my generation. I believe the college is on the verge of an exciting period of growth and advancement. As alumni, our input during this time will be crucial to the continued success of SUNY Geneseo and I am honored to be a part of it."
- Major: Psychology (Biology minor)
- Employment: Chiropractor at Elevate Chiropractic in Rochester and Chili, NY
- Residence: Chili, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: President of Alpha Kappa Phi, Inc. since 2005; Inducted into SUNY Geneseo Greek Hall of Fame in 2011 - youngest inductee ever.
Brock A. Buffum ’02, Regional Chapter Member
“I am honored to be a part of the SGAA Board and thrilled to be working with such dedicated and passionate alumni who are working together to ensure that all alumni have an opportunity to engage with and be a part of the continued success of our alma mater.”
- Major: History
- Employment: Assistant Director of Reunion Giving, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Residence: Ithaca, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: 1871 Leadership Society; SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Vice President; former Co-Chair of the Geneseo Regional Alumni Committee—Buffalo Region; Class of 2002 Communications Chair; past participant of GOLD Networking Workshop, Career Connections Brunch, Alumni Outreach to Admitted Students, and Parents Weekend Alumni Panel; Class of 2002 10th Reunion Committee member.
Melanie Cerra ’14, Co-Chair of the Committee on Young Alumni and Students
“I am very excited to give young alumni a voice in our alumni association and to work to engage young alumni and soon-to-be alums, as that is what strengthens our alumni base as time goes by. I am grateful for all that Geneseo has done for me and I hope I can give back just as much in my time with the SGAA!”
- Major: Psychology
- Residence: Rochester, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Co-Chair of the Committee on Young Alumni and Students; Class of 2014 Communications Chair.
Clare Cusack ’96, Foundation Board Representative
“I am honored to represent the Geneseo Foundation Board in this inspiring group of alumni leaders as we continue to build our strong alumni community. It's simple: what I've been able to give to Geneseo in time, talent and treasure has come back to me a thousand times over. Being part of the alumni effort to reconnect with the college is an opportunity for all of us to support and enhance the unique Geneseo experience - both on campus and throughout our lives."
- Major: Political Science and Communication
- Employment: Senior Vice President/Deputy General Counsel, New York Bankers Association, New York, NY
- Residence: New York , NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Geneseo Foundation Board of Directors; former Chair of the Geneseo Regional Alumni Committee — NYC Region; former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board; Alumni Career Partner; NYC Externship Program host; GOLD workshop presenter; co-founder of Susan J. Hughes Memorial Endowed Scholarship; 1871 Leadership Society.
Doug Dickman ’89, Alumni-at-large
“I am excited to be a part of the SGAA Board because I have really enjoyed my previous engagements with the college, and I want to continue to support the college with the talents I bring. I believe in the mission of Geneseo and want to ensure its continued success for current and future alumni in any way I can."
- Major: Business/Management Information Systems
- Employment: Volunteer, Rochester Museum, and Science Center, and the Boy Scouts; retired from Eastman Kodak after 25 years of service followed by two years as a small business owner.
- Residence: Brighton, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: 1871 Leadership Society; Geneseo Scholarship Committee; former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board (treasurer and nominations committee); GOLD workshop presenter.
Kris Heeres ’06, Faculty/Staff Alumni Member
“I have a sincere passion for all that SUNY Geneseo provides for its past, present, and future Knights and I am thrilled to have another opportunity to give back to the institution that has given me so much. It is an honor to be part of the SGAA Board and I look forward to having a small part in shaping the future of our college.”
- Major: Childhood Education/Special Education (grades 1-6)
- Employment: Assistant Director, Office of Admissions/Assistant Men's Ice Hockey Coach, SUNY Geneseo
- Residence: Livonia, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Member of New York State Association for College Admissions Counseling (NYSACAC), member of New York State Transfer and Articulation Association (NYSTAA), member of SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Board of Directors, Geneseo Greeter (Weeks of Welcome), MidKnight Breakfast, Pep Band Advisor, Leadership Livingston (County), American Hockey Coaches Association (NCAA).
Michele Miller Krause ’89, Chair of the Committee on Recognition
“I was honored to be asked to be the Chair of the Recognition Committee for the new interim board of the SGAA. I am excited to continue my involvement with SUNY Geneseo as well as to help facilitate the increased involvement of our vast and valuable alumni network.”
- Major: Psychology/Human Development/Spanish
- Employment: School Psychologist, East Syracuse Minoa Central School District
- Residence: Manlius, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Chair of the Committee on Recognition, a former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board (awards and scholarship and committees); Career Development Workshop Presenter (school psychology); former member of the Class of 1989 Undergraduate Alumni Association.
Marissa Lewis ’10, Alumni-at-large
"As a member of the SGAA, I am excited to help connect current and future Geneseo alumni in fun and meaningful ways."
- Major: Accounting
- Employment: Manager at PwC Salaries, Rochester, NY
- Residence: Rochester, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association (audit committee); Parents' Weekend volunteer; Etiquette Dinner volunteer; Life-after-college panel participant.
Thomas McCarthy ’17, Affinity Chapter Member
“I feel extraordinarily lucky to be a brand new alumni and have the opportunity to work with the SGAA. I'm super excited to work with the ambitious and newly structured Alumni team as well as the board.”
- Major: English/Women's and Gender Studies
- Employment: Law Student, Drexel Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- Residence: Philadelphia, PA
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Pride; America Reads; Geneseo Safe-Zone; AOP Tutor; Student CIDD Ambassadorship; Thoreau-Harding Project.
Dave Miller ’90, Florida West Chapter Member
- Major: Sociology
- Employment: Vice President of Strategic Planning, Jabil Circuit, Inc.
- Residence: Saint Petersburg, FL
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement:
Mike Saffran ’85, Faculty/Staff Alumni Member
“I'm looking forward to sharing my passion for all things Geneseo - particularly related to alumni affinity groups.”
- Major: Communication
- Employment: Lecturer, WGSU-FM Faculty Director, Communication Department, SUNY Geneseo
- Residence: Brighton, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: Commencement name reader, Geneseo insomnia film festival judge, Reunion 2013 Committee leader and Geneseo Summer Festival planning committee.
Valarie Ann Scott ’82, Chair of the Committee on Regional Chapters
"I am thrilled to be a part of the SGAA as it continues the legacy of strengthening the bonds between the college and alumni. I look forward to helping to grow the connections between alumni and the college as we move into the future and reap the rewards of increased alumni involvement. As the Regional Committee Chair I am excited for fellow alums to see that Geneseo is still a rich part of their lives, no matter when they moved into the world."
- Major: Elementary Education/Fine Arts Concentration
- Employment: Ombudsperson for the City School District of Albany, Retired from Schenectady City Schools after 30 + years
- Residence: Schenectady, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: 1871 Leadership Society; SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Chair of the Committee on Regional Chapters; Capital Region regional Committee Chair; Former member of the Geneseo Alumni Association Board (secretary, scholarship, and education committees); GOLD workshop presenter; active with Phi Lamb; 2017 Excellence in Education Awardee.
Clint Sugnet ’09, Chair of the Committee on Affinity Chapters
“Being a part of the SGAA is an exciting privilege. It offers the opportunity to develop and procure relationships and means to continue Geneseo's ability to offer its students with unique and extraordinary experiences in and out of the classroom.”
- Major: Biology
- Employment: Optometrist, Alexander Eye Associates & Lifetime Health Medical Group
- Residence: Rochester, NY
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: SUNY Geneseo Alumni Association Interim Chair of the Committee on Affinity Groups; Rochester regional alumni chapter member; student shadow program host; 2009 Class Leadership Chair to the Alumni Council.
Rahamatu Wright ’02, Committee on Innovation
- Major: Political Science & International Relations
- Employment: Executive Director, Founder & CEO, Shea Yeleen International, Inc.
- Residence: Washington, DC
- Geneseo Volunteer Involvement: