These online resources are available to help you with your job and internship searches, and overall career development. Browse through the different links to explore different career options based on location, related majors, salary, opportunities for growth and more. Also, explore various employers related to each of the careers you are interested. The goal of these websites is to best prepare you for life after graduation by helping you hone in on your main interests. Many of these websites are paid for through a campus subscription just for your use! If you have any questions, please contact Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-245-5721.
1. Handshake: Handshake is SUNY Geneseo's newest career development tool. Here, you can search for jobs, search for employers, and update your profile with career-related information to stand out to recruiters. Below is information on Handshake and different tools to best help with student and alumni implementation.
2. FOCUS 2 : FOCUS 2 guides students through a reliable, intuitive career & education decision making model to help them choose majors
offered at Geneseo, explore occupations & make informed career decisions. To access your FREE account, Go to the link and click the "register" button. Type in the access code "knight" and complete your registration. From there you will be able to take different assessments and learn more about different careers and majors.
3. What can I do with my major : Whether you're exploring majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this website will help you find popular careers and types of employers in these areas.
4. The Occupational Outlook Handbook: Explore to learn information about the nature of work, working conditions, training and education, earnings and job outlook for 1,000+ different occupations in the United States.
5. O*Net: This website contains hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors on almost 1,000 occupations covering the entire U.S. economy.
GoinGlobal: Find a job abroad that suits your needs. Search for jobs in more than 30 countries and over 50 USA metropolitan areas.
7. Candid Career: The premier provider of thousands of informational video interviews featuring industry professionals through an easy to use website. Our site is dedicated to providing the inside scoop on careers as well as advice that will give you an edge in your job search
8. Internships - USA: SUNY Geneseo has a paid subscription to give you access to Internships - USA which is one of the top internship sites in the country. To log into the system, you must have the user name and password.
9. Inside Jobs: Discover career ideas, connect with schools, and find resources based on what your like and what you are good at!
10. College Recruiter: The leading job board for college students searching for internships and recent graduates hunting for entry-level jobs and other career opportunities.
11. LinkedIn: Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.