Medical Emergencies or Serious Injuries
When reporting an accident or medical emergency, call 911. Say, "This is a medical emergency."
In the Event of an Accident Involving Injury or Illness
- If life-threatening, seek emergency medical treatment. Do not move the victim unless he/she is in danger.
- Stay on the phone until instructed to hang up.
- Remain calm
- Provide as much information as possible, including:
- Location of the emergency
- Nature and cause of the medical emergency/situation
Medical observations: is the victim conscious? Breathing? Severely bleeding? Other victims?
- Phone number from which you are calling
- Other hazards that may be present
If you spill a liquid or discover a wet floor, please clean it up immediately or contact Facilities Services at 585-245-5662 (weekdays) or 585-245-5656 (nights and weekends) for assistance.
Report all other trip and fall hazards -- holes in sidewalk, loose carpet, etc.-- to Facilities Services